GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Adding another battery

I have a 2004 chevy tahoe with stock battey and stock alternator. My tahoe has a in dash DVD player and I have 3 12 inch kicker L5's I was wanting to upgrade my amp and get a couple kicker amps so that my subs will actually get pushed because the amp I have now is just not doing it. When I do add the 2 amps I am afraid it's going to suck all the juice out of my battery when I play it. So I don't know if I should just add another battery or if I have to upgrade the alternator first so it can charge 2 batteries without a problem. Just let me know what you think, any input will help, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerking817 View Post
    I have a 2004 chevy tahoe with stock battey and stock alternator. My tahoe has a in dash DVD player and I have 3 12 inch kicker L5's I was wanting to upgrade my amp and get a couple kicker amps so that my subs will actually get pushed because the amp I have now is just not doing it. When I do add the 2 amps I am afraid it's going to suck all the juice out of my battery when I play it. So I don't know if I should just add another battery or if I have to upgrade the alternator first so it can charge 2 batteries without a problem. Just let me know what you think, any input will help, Thanks.

Here's wut i would do, have an alternator shop rewind that alternator to about 200 amps (it can be done) it should cost you around 200 and then go online and purchase the Kinetik HC 1800 battery, you will be fine thats pretty much all i did and you can see wut i have in my truck if you look at my pics on here its waaaaay more than you will be adding and everything is fine and if you want you can add a second kinetik on the passenger side near the firewall but its more money and alot of work....
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics

Thanks for the help. What amp or amps should I get to push the three kicker L5's? If I did get the alternator rewound and added a battery do you think everything would be good enough to add 2 or 3 more subs?

Yes if u added for 12's it would be fine I have ten 12's in my cab and it's fine
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics