GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Stupid seat!

Default Stupid seat!

So im new to the forum and ive been having a problem. my drivers seat would randomly work. at times, the switch would not work for weeks and suddenly it works. well recently i was cleaning and moved the seat all the way forward (random working time). now guess what. the seat wont move. the lumbar works. the heated seat works. the passenger seat works. the only thing not working is the up, down, forward and backward on the driver seat. it has the memory on the door and still doesnt work. any ideas? ive reached under and tried to wiggle every wire but nothing??? fuses are good.. any ideas/help??? thanks

specs:
    2001 yukon slt
    heated power leather seats w/ memory on door

thanks!

sounds like the electric motor is on the fritz, but I'm no expert either.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

i thought that it used two motors, one for the seat back and one to move it forward and back? it doesnt even recline?

Its probably the connection between the seat and the harness coming up through the floor. Mine gives me trouble occasionally. It's also possible the switch is bad. My lumbar always works, the seat is intermittent.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

yeh thats how mine is... well today on lunch break i went out and pulled the bottom cusion up on the seat. took the "module" out that has the power harness coming to it. took it apart. using a testlight i was checking to see which parts got power. ding. light lit up and started moving the seat back. used different posts on the circuit board until i got my seat where i need it. does that sound like the ground to the circuit board is bad?

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, in the Florida Panhandle, so far out that we are in the Central Time Zone

Default Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

The driver seat on my 2005 Yuk XL went wacky about a year ago, and would randomly move forward by itself. Then the back and forth switch reversed itself. When I would try to move the seat forward with the switch, it would go back, and vise versa. It took it to the GMC Dealer. They reprogramed my seat control unit, and it has not happened since.
    Brian McCabe
    Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
    '05 Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
    '11 Silverado 3500

well i was just testing things and checked the continuity (sp) of the ground to the circuit board. turns out the ground wasnt grounding. i traced it back a little to where some shrink wrap was (another wire joined this ground) and unwrapped/rewrapped it. now i have power all around! thanks for the help... hope this solves some other peoples problems