GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Superchips Turner or Hypertech Programmer III

I have been thinking for a while about getting one of these two chips for my 5.7 L.

Either a Superchips Tuner or the Hypertech Programmer III. Can anyone give me any information if one of these is better or worse? Obviously I'm trying to get more HP, not better mileage.

http://www.superchips.com/html/mainpage/index.htm
    http://www.hypertech.com/three_stage.html

Default RE: Superchips Turner or Hypertech Programmer III

I have heard good things about both of those chips. From what I gather, expect more horsepower, but a shorter engine life.

Chips installed on gas engines make very little noticeable difference . Diesels are a whole nother' story though. Difference between day and night.

I guess it was a turbo diesel that I have heard good things from. Arnie, if you have some knowledge or facts in this area I'd love to hear them.

Sure, more than glad to help. These 2 he listed above only provide 20 HP for the 5.7L and 18 HP for the 4.3L. The same 2 provide 100 HP for the Duramax diesel. There is another company that actually makes one for the Duramax that increases HP by 150.

Really, who's that?

yeah, getting an extra 18 HP isn't even 10%.

I cannot remember the name, and a friend of mine orders at least one a week for the dealership he works for. I'm getting old. LOL

By the way, is the picture of the baby on your post's a picture of you or your child?

That my 6 month old boy. I put him in there in lieu of having a small enough pic of my vehicle. I probably could get that done in 5 minutes if I had the time...but then I don't have the time, I've got a 6 month old and a full-time job.

He is really cute. I can remember when my 2 boys were that age, (now 19 and 17) it was some of the most fun days of my life!

Yeah, he's a handsome little devil alright. Has to fight off other litlte 6-month old girls with a stick....er maybe a rattle.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by