GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTruck04 View Post
    Thanks for the info big buddy can you let me know the number of the kit im really want to get it and try it out on the impala and show the truck some love too. also im so jealous you got a vette thats my dream car .
    Sorry buddy I missed your post. Oh well better late than never...
    The Zaino kit. Look on their website ordering page. You can only buy it from them.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

You want ZKIT-1 if you want the claybar and polish and soap.

I got the ZKIT-2 because it also has the leather cleaner/conditioner and it works very well. It also has tire shine stuff too. That's ok. Nothing to be excited about.

That stuff lasts. I have had the kit for well over a year now and only running low on the quick detail spray. Still got plenty of the rest left.

Here's the Vette eye candy for ya. This is with a fresh coat of Zaino and before I started running it on track. Now it has tons of pit marks in the paint...

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25824
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    I think I am going to try a different wax next time. How can I remove the wax so I can start over?
    Wax doesn't stay on very long. The best way is to wash the truck/car with Dawn liquid dish soap. Use a rough sponge and soap it up a couple of times. It cleans really well and eats up any way or other residue.

Thanks...........

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by vms4evr View Post
    Wax doesn't stay on very long. The best way is to wash the truck/car with Dawn liquid dish soap. Use a rough sponge and soap it up a couple of times. It cleans really well and eats up any way or other residue.

OMG NO NO NO! dont use dish soap. it eats into the clearcoat and paint and gets underneath. dont do that!
    get a claybar kit and remove the wax that way. definately dont use a rough sponge either. might as well run sand paper across it all
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

I have heard before not to use dish soap. I am going to just wait until I wash it a couple of times and clay bar it, then try new wax.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Sr. Mechanic

Default Wax

Check this stuff out, www.dwgint.com , If you are interested I will send you a free sample. I have been using these products in my Detailing business since 1995!
    Be Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    OMG NO NO NO! dont use dish soap. it eats into the clearcoat and paint and gets underneath. dont do that!
    get a claybar kit and remove the wax that way. definately dont use a rough sponge either. might as well run sand paper across it all
    I don't use Dawn every time I wash the car. Just when I want to strip it down. I said a rough sponge, like an open cell type. Not the back side of scouring pad or sandpaper, jeez... One good washing with Dawn is not going to run away with all your clearcoat. I've been doing this for years with no problems. After the Zaino is on then use the Zaino car wash with a microfiber sponge. You're washing paint, not a baby's skin.

P21 Total Auto Wash would do what you need done with out harming the paint/clear coat.
    2009 BMW 550i
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado
    2008 Mazda MX-5 PRHT
    2008 Subaru Tribeca
    2007 BMW 335i
    12 Other miatas for parts

I recently used Griot's garage products on my Nissan, about to use it on my GMC Yukon. No complaints for Far. Though it might be more expensive then other brands.

Nate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345