GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legend

they really hosed the people that cant afford but to just keep fixing there REAL clunker, so many good parts are not getting used from the cars going into the junkyards. They pour a mixture in the engine which is pretty much liquid glass to harden, then when it actually gets to the junkyard, they CFC program only allows the car to be parted out for 180 days before it actually goes to the crusher. The junkyards on average leave the cars for 400 days before they are completely worthless and are just sold off for metal, this hurts alot of people in the long run. It was more about selling new cars then getting actual "GUZZLERS" off the road, i saw minivans being designated for CFC and they were only 2004 vans, they can easily get 24 MPG, there were hummers being sold NEW for this program!! this was just more bailout for the car companies
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

My 2004 truck, which gets between 18 and 22 mpg, qualified for the maximum $4500 allowance. My dad's 98 GT mustang only qualified for half of the maximum allowance even though he only gets between 12 and 16 mpg. I'd would like to know what exactly they base their judgments on. His car is older, but mine has more miles. Why does my 5 year old truck qualify as a clunker??? It's anything but im my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by adidasboy918 View Post
    Yep. the pour something into the engines to seize it up then strip them down or crush them. very very desturbing

but theres a turbo in there!!!! :slap:

This really makes me mad..like legit i get pissed off because im a car/truck enthusiest(not a speller)..and how am i gonna find a used car in the future,there gonna be so much money because there "rare"..there the ones that are making this world go down the drain.who thought of the assumption that killing good cars would get us outta debt?

The CFC program is so disappointing.
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

classic ride that was my first car lol

Quote Originally Posted by Custom04Chevy View Post
    I find it's best not to think about all the government "programs" that do nothing but promise and in the end can't perform. I don't know why everyone thought obama would be so much different. He is one person, how much did they really think he would be able to do? honestly???
    He may be only one person, but he is managing to put us much further in debt. This is one of the worst programs ever.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Unbelieveable how many nice vehicles were destroyed in that. some of them you could have gotten more then 4500 out of. But hey what do we know right? Just another way of the government trying to make us think we are being helped when in the long run im sure wel be gettin screwed over.

This program sickens me to no end. What a waste all in the name of helping the environment. BS!! All of the cars traded in on the program are fuel injected. Properly maintained they will/can run clean. I know people that would love to have some of the cars traded in. I too am an enthusiast, and just hate to see such nice vehicles thrown away. Especially anything performance related.

The only people this benefitted is the auto industry, but only for a short time. My prediction, the repo industry will be booming in about 12-18 months.

Yeah youre right cool blue. but the nice thing is if them nice new trucks are repoed the people that can afford them have the chance to buy them cheap!! haha
    ~Dan~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast