GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: no ac AHHHH!!!

Former Member

Default no ac AHHHH!!!

So, first and foremost, I live in Florida, and it's currently about 98 outside, and my ac has died, sort of. I can turn it on, and it still blows just fine, but it's warm air. So I borrowed the father-in-laws ac recharge kit, and checked it out, and I'm in the yellow. I forget the number off the top of my head, but I'm over pressurized. The kit says, to seek professional help if you're over pressurized, so I will on Monday. But I can't help but have my mind wander to the different parts of the ac system, and how much they cost to fix. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing my lack of cooling and excessive pressure? Thanks.

You probably lost all your freon because of a leak in the system. Once air enters the system you now have gas in the system. The pump will compress any kind of gas including air and the pressure will increase. Take it in and have it checked for leaks. In order to do this they will evacuate the system and charge it with freon and a dye.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Former Member

that makes perfect sense. thanks alot. now i just need to find a place that will test it for a reasonable price.

Former Member

so it turns out, my compressor is shot, and so is the dryer. so now i've got the parts ordered, and tomorrow, i get to drop about $700 on it. needless to say, i'm not excited. but, when you live in florida, and have a baby, you pretty much have to have an air conditioner. this sucks.

Make sure you get a Delco compressor. The extra $200 is well worth it. Ask me how I know! <G>

Former Member

ok, i'll bite. so how do you know?

I guess he learned the hard way.......... Ive got a 95 suburban i just got. but i will post a new thread

yeah most aftermarket ones tend to lock up with in a year done alot of cheep ones and they all have managed to lock up and find there way back to the shop and if you have the older delco 2 piece model theres a newer one that takes its place and you wont have it start leaking out of the body a few years later