GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Readylift rumor

Default Readylift rumor

I heard that readylift might be coming out with a 4 inch leveling kit after the first of the year. Thats a product ill be all over. What do you guys think?
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

4" via a torsion bar key/crank = bad in my opinion. Why not just do it right with a suspension or body lift? You half-ass it and you will pay in the long run. Just my thoughts.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

Quote Originally Posted by masterfoxscout View Post
    4" via a torsion bar key/crank = bad in my opinion. Why not just do it right with a suspension or body lift? You half-ass it and you will pay in the long run. Just my thoughts.
    Im not sure how they plan to do it. I talked to a guy from readylift and he said they are working on it and it should be out around the first of the year.

wouldn't really be a leveling kit, because it would raise the front end up higher then the rear

kinda on the same subject, i may be in the market soon for a lift/leveling kit. my question is, do they make a leveling body lift? i guess i would need a 4"lift in the front, and a 2"in the back. do they have these? if so, where can i go to find them
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Sr. Apprentice

cascott: I don't think it would be possible to make a "true" body/leveling kit like you are thinking to raise the front with the suspension and the back with a body lift. From what I know the body lift's raise the box and the cab seperately bcuz they are not linked together. I would assume what the guys at ReadyLift would do is 4" in the front with spacers and extensions or highly re-indexed keys and use a block or add-a-leaf in the back.

2007 Z71 Silverado 1500 LT NNBS
    5.3L
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    2.25" ReadyLift
    285/65-R18 Kumho's
    Factory Steps
    Big Tex Cattle Guard
    Delta Pro Tool Box
    Chrome Door Handles
    WeatherTech Floormats
    Spray In Bedliner

Quote Originally Posted by CornhuskerChevy View Post
    cascott: I don't think it would be possible to make a "true" body/leveling kit like you are thinking to raise the front with the suspension and the back with a body lift. From what I know the body lift's raise the box and the cab seperately bcuz they are not linked together. I would assume what the guys at ReadyLift would do is 4" in the front with spacers and extensions or highly re-indexed keys and use a block or add-a-leaf in the back.
    But then you got to look at the biggest spacer i seen are 2.25 everything else rebuilts the strut up and if there goign to be doing 4" in the front and 2" in the back then its going to be more like a suspension lift. the a arms wont be able to stretch 4" on the stock. i might be wrong but then again it just what i think.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

well i have been doing a little more thinking, and i am thinking that by the time i save the money, it will be bout time for new struts/shocks, so i will be looking at suspension.