GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: glass packs

I know about having a baby in the house and how it eats away at the wallet. I've got a 9 month old and he's not cheap, that's for sure.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I had a flowmaster on my jeep cherokee. It depends on what type of muffler you get. They make different models. Everyone would ask if I had a V-8. They would be shocked when I told them it was an inline 6. The biggest problem I have with a loud exhaust is traveling down the freeway and listening to that annoying drone of the exhaust. I only want to know an aftermarked exhaust is there when I step on it. I already have a motorcycle that annoys the neighbors. A loud exhaust on the Tahoe would just annoy me. Maybe I am getting old.

I piss the neighbors off with my everything. My four-wheeler is piped and ridiculous loud same with my snowmobile and now my Tahoe. My roomates all have built motors and pipes in their trucks so we are definiately "those neighbors" must be cause we are young and dumb. Traveling down the highway is definately loud. With tires humming and exhaust you need a banging stereo to drown it out. I cant hear anyway so what can you do?

i have a 96 hoe with the vortec 350 and i have glasspacks on mine, it isnt crazy loud but it sounds mean! its got that classic hot rod exhaust rap to it. the drawbacks are gas mileage though, glasspacks kind of deminish your mpg.

Default Chevy Truck Glass Packs

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead becuase it gets a lot of traffic.

Lets not use the word glass packs and high perfomance in the same sentence please.its just some glass mat wrapped around some chicken wire put in a tube(not that advanced)they work as well as straight pipes do with some of the edge taken off.Listen to one next to a borla or flowmaster then you'll understand

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123