GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

x3! I would never attemp to install a lift! I would probably end up having to go to a shop afterwards anyways.
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

Well, got the new mount on the differential, lifted the differential, bolted it up, installed the front cross member, bolted it up, installed the spacers for where the torsion bars use to be, installed the non torsion bar drop brackets, re-installed the lower control arm, installed the skid plates, and the cross member support tube.

Did all that tonight.

Edit:
    Also, I have new leaf springs at the shop right now, ready for pick up tomorrow. Going to install my add a leafs and then put them on my truck to give the rear a better ride. All i need to do now is hook up the front axles with the spacers, install front and rear shocks, install the add a leafs and then install the leaf springs, put the knuckles back on, hook up all the ball joints and brake lines. Those aren't in order just remembering stuff when i think of it.
    Last edited by ippielb; 08-31-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Cant wait to see pics...

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

me either! Post em up as soon as you get finished!
    Michael, 17, CA

Probably going to be done tonight, i bought new leaf springs, now i have $4 in my bank account! haha shoot, a week without any money. uh oh haha and my paycheck is only going to be from two days, $300 lol
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Probably going to be done tonight, i bought new leaf springs, now i have $4 in my bank account! haha shoot, a week without any money. uh oh haha and my paycheck is only going to be from two days, $300 lol
    I'm right there with you, except i dont get a paycheck! lol
    Michael, 17, CA

You done yet?? jk, take your time and get it correct the first time

Stupid torsion bars! I don't know how to load them without almost ripping out my ball joints... I'm 98% done, just need to load my torsion bars and put my new leaf springs in. Then i'm all done. Tomorrow will be my last day, it better be.... I just want to drive my truck now.

I do not know how i am going to load my torsion bars without pushing my control arms into the ground.and ripping out my ball joints. Anyone have any idea's? I put so much pressure on them and yet there still wasn't room. When i put the torsion keys in, they're either going to hit the top of the cross member, or it's just below the cross member, and i can't put enough tension on it to bring it up to where it was, should i put my tires on first then load it? i don't know how I'm going to do it.
    Last edited by ippielb; 09-02-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12