GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

Adam, you were practically at my house. I live about 30 miles from the memorial. My wife and I visit the memorial everytime we come back from Shawnee State Park. It is very moving everytime we visit. I have 3 daughters ages 13, 9, and 8 and they understand the reason for the memorial. It is sad that each time we go they ask why did this happen??
    We were in DC this past weekend taking them to the Smithsonian museums. They really love learning about the history of our great country. We are originally from Florida and there were no places like those here in Pa. And although I am Southern, we are planning to go to Gettysburg in the Spring.....

Hey, we're practically neighbors! We are just south of Chambersburg which is only a 20 min ride from Gettysburg. In the past we have accompanied the kids on the school trip to the battlefield a couple of times and we've taken them to D.C. too to do the Smithsonian thing! Gettysburg and Antietam National Battlefields are also very moving places, steeped in history, it's nice to hear your children are taking an interest the past, something I feel is getting lost in this day and age.
    Adam

Jr. Apprentice

I agree 100%. The children of today are not what we were when we came up. Hearing the way that some of these kids speak to their parents makes me want to smack them. There was an article in the Greensburg news about two months ago that said the children of today do not know how to carry on a real conversation because they are not looking at a screen and using their thumbs. I am happy that my children are interested in learning about the past and what it has taken to make this country survive. My only hope is that it will continue but I am sure with age, the history will fall to the way side.....

I'm only 17 right now, but someday my dream is to go out to New York and to the Flight 93 Memorial in Pa and pay my respects. I have the upmost respect for the bravery and courage that the passengers display, and I hope that someday if i face such a situation I can stand up and be courageous. God bless

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12