GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Suede's Pickup Suggestions, Tips, and Opinions...

Well I bought a pickup to save miles on the Trans Am, an 01 silverado 1500 ext cab..... got any ideas for makin it look good?

I'm getting front windows tinted for sure I'm thinkin 15%, then also was thinking a cab visor, pulling the trim off and putting on the new style silverado lettering, and some chrome.... Anyone got pics of something like this?

Also thinking of a bull bar and side nerf bars, Again any pics?

I wanna free up the exhaust some too, but not the typical redneck classpacks, just a nice tone and loud enough i hear it over the engine, unlike now... Like "classy deep rumble tone" not alot of drone

well checked milage today, basically it seen worst case scenario, lots of idleing, gravel, short trips to town, and heavy footed driving.... 16.2mpg, i'm still impressed with that, Heres a couple more pics too...

to the Site,from Calif. W/Exhaust there are many to choose from.Do you have any Performance Mods on your Ride Now?

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    to the Site,from Calif. W/Exhaust there are many to choose from.Do you have any Performance Mods on your Ride Now?

lol the car yea, but the pickup no, its bone stock performance wise, I'm planning a CAI and I'm thinking i'd like true duals with a toned down muffler... course figgure in a custom tune too, but im asking bout my options with regards to brands, fit, performance, etc

There is Flowmaster,Maganaflow,Corsa,....I have a Flowmaster 40 Seires 3 Chamber and it has a Great Sound.A couple of the Sites to check out is Summit or Jegs they both carry a full line of aftermarket Mufflers.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-31-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries

truck has a real good interior

i would start out with an exhuast, lift.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    There is Flowmaster,Maganaflow,Corsa,....I have a Flowmaster 40 Seires 3 Chamber and it has a Great Sound.A couple of the Sites to check out is Summit or Jegs they both carry a full line of aftermarket Mufflers.

just a odd and end idea... will the sounds of these muflers be roughly the same as if they were on a 5.7 LS1? My reason for asking is that i know where there is a sound bank with many many mufler, header, cat combos for the Ls1...

welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to seeing your truck progress with modifications
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

Thanks Guys, just kinda a lil bit of an update, got some Cabella's Formed Camo Seat covers,XM Radio Mounted up, and Fitted Floor trays, got an appointment for the windows to be tinted on friday, im thinking im going to try for a 15% but I'm not sure if they make that, i know they do 10 and 20 easily, and i got 20 on my car, but wish it was a touch darker at times, but 10 is too dark, anyone got pictures of say a 15 or 10 percent tint on one of these?