GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Unhappy Problems during fill ups

I have a 04 Silverado and for the past couple of days I've been having issues with putting gas in my truck. Once the pumps start it will only pump maybe 1 gallon then it thel automatic shut off kicks in. It's been taking me 5 mins to put 3 gallons in. I've checked to see if there were any leaks in the tank but I couldn't find any. What could cause this and would this be an easy fix or and expensive fix?

Please help!!

well i would check your rubber hoses to make sure there not pinched mainly the vent tube also make sure your gauge is not messed up but that does involve dropping the tank and pullin the whole pump out and such

i have the same problem, it has to deal with some of the pumps, they pour gas out faster, then it hits the cut off, and make it a pita to fill, most of the newer gas stations have this problem, the ones that have been around for a while dont have that problem with me, it has nothing to deal with your truck, its the gas stations, i even took mine to the dealer, they told me that, so dont worrie about it, it happens with my dads work van, his jeep, and my moms truck,

Thanks for the fast reply, I did forget to mention that also a warning keeps coming on indicating "Tighten Fuel Cap" and the check engine light is on.

Make sure that you turn your truck off when you're pumping fuel. The ECU will see a drop in fuel pressure if you let your truck idle while the cap is off and throw a code.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna