GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Feedback

Default Feedback

I have a 2004 chevy tahoe with a in dash DVD player and 3 12inch kicker L5's and every time I come to a complete stop I get alot of feedback, sounds like static. You can still hear the music it's just annoying, but as soon as I take off it stops. The system I had before was 2 12inch L5's and I never had this problem.
    2004 chevy tahoe 35% tint on front windows, 5% tint on the back half ,flowmaster exhaust dumped, Spectre 9900 CAI, 3 12 inch kicker L5's, in-dash DVD/Navigation,kicker 1200.1 amp, removed cargo rack, black headlights lense, black turn signal lense, smoked tail lights, 8000K HID lights.

Master Mechanic

sounds like a bad ground or getting noice from the distributor. i think you can by a filter that goes inline with the radio to get rid of that noice

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    sounds like a bad ground or getting noice from the distributor. i think you can by a filter that goes inline with the radio to get rid of that noice
    Agreed, you either have a bad ground or your RCA's could be damaged somewhere along the run. But do you have a pioneer unit? If so this is common in almost all pioneers they have the weakest ground board in the radio cause everything shares one common ground. If it is a pioneer the easiest way to fix it is to pull out the unit, strip back some of the grey coating around one of the RCA's, you'll be able to see what looks like ground cable wraped around inside (it is) just strip back a separate piece of wire and wrap it around there good and tape it up, then attach that wire to the bolt hole on tha back of he pioneer to ground it and problem solved!
    "Assumptions are the mother of all F***-ups.
    |BBK Throttle Body | TBS Spacer | Airaid Intake| SLP Headers | X=Pipe W/ Dual Exhaust Out Side| Goodmark Hood | HID's Heads & Fogs | Pioneer In-Dash| Zapco Reference 200.2| US Amps Merlin MD1D| US Amps XT1600.4| 3 Sets of Component Speakers| Custom Kick Panels| Ten 12 inch Subs| Back-up Cam| Lowered | 22inch Rims| Smoked Tailights| Custom Programming | Color Matched Plastics