GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Rental car warning

Heres a tip for anyone renting a car in Nv., Ca., Wa., or Az.
    We recently rented (through Expedia) a car From FOX Car Rental.
    I'm not a picky person and usually let things go figuring the offender will get thiers on the other end some day, but this company deserves a big shout out and all the negative publicity they can get for their non-existant customer service, and filthy rental cars.

I was traveling with two disabled persons (mother in-law arthritic knees, and wifes aunt 80% blind).
    When I booked the car I explained this, they never told us they were located 8 miles from the airport and it would take 2 different shuttles to get to them.
    I left the party at the airport due to this and went by myself to retrieve the rental, no problem.
    An hour and a half later upon arriving at the rental car site I had to endure a 40 minute argument between a customer and the rental car staff about the cleanliness of a rental car she was picking up, initially I thought the customer was being a B%&#!, but have since revised my thinking.
    My turn to finally get a car, they hand me the keys to a new Dodge Charger, well maybe not as new as I first thought from 60' away. The odometer reads 59,876 miles and the interior looks worse than any car I've ever bought at the auto auction, top it off with a long list of scratch's and bumps on the body, well I'm only renting it not buying and the ladies are still waiting (paitiently I might add for over 2 hours) at the airport so off I go to get them to the hotel.
    Within 5 mins of getting in the car I know theirs a problem, I cant stop sneezing and theres a strong odor of dirt in the car (most of you know I'm an avid off-roader and ride a motorcycle every day here in Texas so a little dirt doesnt bother me), so bad I'm opening the windows and turning off the A/C in 106 deg. Las Vegas weather.
    I bring the ladies to the hotel and while their settling in I attempt to call FOX rentals customer service line, and 55 mins later finally reach a young lady that immediately routes me to a person she calls the Las Vegas on-site manager, Eric. Eric hears my story and questions why I didnt say something to the rental advisors when I picked up the car. I explain I had a couple old ladies already wilting in the Vegas heat and I had already endured a previous cusomers rant at the rental site for 40 minutes and wasnt in the mood to argue with anyone as I have a tendency to get a little out of hand in arguments and I'm trying to stay calm at this time. Eric, unfortunately decides to attempt to give me attitude, and after I determine that
    1. He does work for FOX rental car in Las Vegas
    2. He will be at the site all day
    3. If I bring the car back he'll clean or exchange it for "No extra charge"
    And
    4. The chances of getting my prepaid rental fee's back are right next to 0
    I head back down to the FOX lot to correct the problem and have a little discussion with Eric.
    Upon arrival I ask for "Eric" but no one seems to know who I'm talking about and theres no manager on-site today.
    So I again explain my problem because a whole different crew is working now.
    The first rental agent does a terrific job of making me more pissed than I was when finally a different agent steps in and asks me to walk out with him and look over the cars on the lot to find something suitable.
    I quickly find everything they have is high mileage, worn out, and filthy. Finally settling on a Dodge Charger with only 42XXX miles thats a little less bumped on the outside, doesnt smell as bad inside, and has slightly cleaner interior. I then spent the next hour directing the agency's 2 car cleaners on the best way to clean returning rental cars until they got out the majority of the filth and stains and made the vehicle somewhat presentable.
    Again I would urge you not to use FOX Car rental even if you have to pay more it would be money well spent.

That sucks. Thanks for the heads up on a crappy business!! I travel for work and if you don't know the area your in then you need a little heads up on the businesses lurking in the shadows.
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

That sucks big time. I traveled for 8 years and drove thousands of miles in rental cars. I always used Budget, Dollar and Alamo.

Beware of the other cheap companies!!

If you get into a fender bender with Enterprise and did not buy the full coverage they will charge you a daily rental fee while the car is in the shop getting fixed! So you are at the mercy of the body shop paying a daily rate while they wait for parts to fix the car!!!
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Looks like the cars flooded out by Katrina are finally showing up in the public.

There outta be a law...
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Thanks for sharing! I hate dealing with "Customer Service" when they don't know the meaning of the term.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    That sucks big time. I traveled for 8 years and drove thousands of miles in rental cars. I always used Budget, Dollar and Alamo.

Beware of the other cheap companies!!

If you get into a fender bender with Enterprise and did not buy the full coverage they will charge you a daily rental fee while the car is in the shop getting fixed! So you are at the mercy of the body shop paying a daily rate while they wait for parts to fix the car!!!
    That's good to know. I was not aware of that.

I've used Enterprise and Hertz before. No problems so far.

Wow! Sounds like you got a huge dose of Customer No Service.
    Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. Appreciate the heads up on Fox.

When in a strange town, I prefer a car with a GPS navigation, so I usually choose Hertz, Avis, etc.

I'm like you, I vote with my wallet. Fool me once shame on you....Twice shame on me!
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap