GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Tires, Chevy Silverado, San Diego Area

Hey everybody!

I got a 2006 Chevy Silverado that i absolutely love. anyway, my thread is wearing down on my tires and im looking to buy new ones.

can anyone reccommend a good tire place in San Diego? i just moved here not too long ago. i dont want to be taken for a ride though (if you know what i mean).

im thinking about just going to this dealership by my house. think they'll hook me up? its called quality chevy, or something. heres the website http://www.qualitychevy.com/

if anyone is from the SD area, give me the low-down!

thanks a bunch!
    -Horse

You know, I would probably just go to a wal-mart or pep boys. I'd stay away from a "Mom and Pop" shop unless you find one someone highly reccomends.
    Anthony -Georgia
    2009 Z71 4X4 Silverado
    5.3 Liter V8 w/ 6 speed Allison Transmission

Why not buy them online from Tire Rack? They can also ship the tires to a certified installer. The installer will let you know when they arrive and setup an appointment to do the mount and balance. It is hard to beat he price.
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

There are plenty of good places to go get tires several have all ready been suggested, I would caution you about going to the a dealership there not going to give you the best deal out there on tires.by all means let then give you a price quote but then shop that quote around a bit I think youll be surprised
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

What part of SD. I go to americas tire co (discount tire). I prefer the one in Santee, customer service wise. But walmart, Costco work. Americas tire co says they will always beat costco.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

im here in the north county area. closer to Escondido, San Diego, Ca.

ive never tried buying them online. that seems a little weird, buying car tires online. but if it works. i'll probably just go to costco i guess. i dont like walmart.