GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Truxedo Tonneau Cover with Factory Bed Liner

Hey whats up everyone, ive been lurking the site here for a while since i bought my truck a few months ago, and i got a question.

i have an 06 Silverado LS with with a GM bed liner, and im looking for a tonneau cover. I work at a speed shop and ordered a Truxedo Truxport through work today, but i just realized it clamps on under the bed rail. Problem i see is, the factory GM drop in liner completly covers the bed rails.

anybody have a TRUXPORT with a factory bedliner? mine comes in tomorrow but i can send it back if needed, but i love the way it looks in the pictures. Would it require just making some small cuts in the bedliner?? the thought of that kinda worries me slightly...

Mike

welcome to the site, cutting into the bed liner shouldn't be a problem, i would just pull the factory bed liner

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! I have the Truxedo Truxsport, but Line-X over the rails. The clamps are only about an inch wide so you could cut slots for them.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

hey guys, thanks for the welcome.... dwill3015, how many clamps per side, if you remember? and how do you like the cover? im curious about some first hand experience... thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes71Nova View Post
    hey guys, thanks for the welcome.... dwill3015, how many clamps per side, if you remember? and how do you like the cover? im curious about some first hand experience... thanks
    I just looked and have 3 clamps on each side. 6 total as there are none in the front. I have had the cover for 2 years and love it! It was inexpensive but always stratches tightly, holds a couple of feet of snow easily, and rolls up tightly behind the cab for full use of the cargo area for hauling anything.

thank you VERY much for the pics, thats extremely helpful... i was drawn to the fact that its a roll up without the arched look of the metal bows..... looks like i may be making those little cuts into the bedliner, definatley seems worth it.... thanks!

Default spray on bedliner

I have been spraying QWIK Liner and find the product excellent. The ease of the product to work with and low odor is wonderful. QWIK Liner is everything it says it is! Itís fast. QWIK Liner can be applied as fast as 1 hour from start to finish so customer satisfaction is very good, this included prep. Customers don't have to leave there vehicle over night they can pick it up the same day.

welcome to the club, i have the truxedo low pro, and i love it
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris