GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hidden winch on 09 z71

Has anyone noticed the slot in the bumper it looks like a perfect place for a hiden winch. has anyone done this. do you think its possible?
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Ive been emailing back in forth with warn on this and there looking into this. I hope they do soon before I design one myself
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Here's what it looks like on a 2004 Sierra. I had the fairlead cover smoothed and paint-matched. (Look below the autobot logo.) Notice how it is off-center, sitting more toward the driver's side than passenger side. I wasn't expecting that because the Warn photos of the hidden kit are at an angle, however, when installing the winch it becomes apparent why this is: the winch itself -IS- centered in the carrier ... and the winch motor sits more toward the passenger side and is unexposed like the fairlead -- because it doesn't need to be.

Also, here's a link to some shots I took during installation: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...?albumid=20993

Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Surreal has a nice install on his. I have seen it up close. If/when I decide to get a winch I will certainly look into going the same route.