GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: H.I.D"s

Jr. Apprentice

Default H.I.D"s

I have been looking at some different H.I.D setups, just wanted to see if any one had any suggestions on where the best place to get them at is? What is the best brand or kind to get? should i do it myself or have someone do it?

Talking

If a specialty shop does it, they are more experienced than you, therefore less prone to mistakes, and you also have a wonderful warranty, so they fix it.....

www.bfxenon.com....check it out, very experienced when it comes to HID's....if your interested let me know, ill get you hooked up

05 Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L engine w/ custom exhaust dumped before rearend, Superchips, custom paint matched mirrors, bumpers, bowtie, door buckets & tailgate bucket, Grippin billet door handles & tailgate handle, smoked taillights, HID lights, 2" lowering shackles, 20" rims, Toyo Proxes, Nu Image Red gauges, Pioneer D3 In dash, RE Audio comp/speakers, US Amps 1600.4 Xterminator amp, 4 10" pioneer shallow subs, Arc Audio KS 1000.1 amp, Autopage RS 1000 Remote Start & Alarm

I own a 09 Sierra and wanted to go to HID's. After doing some research I found by converting to HID was not the right choice.Theres plenty of conversion kits out there. But heres the deal. Your reflectors in your stock headlights are not designed for HID.Therefore your defracting the light and not focusing the beam correctly and doing harm to on comming drivers.As for that DOT Legal in all 50 states. Its BS. Anybody can print that on a box.Think I'll stay with the stock. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Dr Len; 09-15-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    I own a 09 Sierra and wanted to go to HID's. After doing some research I found by converting to HID was not the right choice.Theres plenty of conversion kits out there. But heres the deal. Your reflectors in your stock headlights are not designed for HID.Therefore your defracting the light and not focusing the beam correctly and doing harm to on comming drivers.As for that DOT Legal in all 50 states. Its BS. Anybody can print that on a box.Think I'll stay with the stock. Just my 2 cents.
    You can do the HID kit but you do have to aim them correctly with the stock housing. Yes it is not the proper way but it does work and look good from the drivers seat.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

i recently purchased an HID Kit from vvme.com to replace my stock headlight bulbs and im happy with it nice cool blue and not that expensive

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
    22" Boss 313 Series
    8,000K HID Lights
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Drop Kit
    Tinted Windows
    Blacked Out Third Brake Light

Mond's To DO:
    Darker Tint Rear Windows
    Paint Bowtie White
    Or
    Get a Chrome Bowtie

OLD TRUCK RIP
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext
    Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
    2 In. Rear Shackle Drop
    Window Tint
    HID Light Kit-8000K
    22" Boss 313 Series
    Painted Front Grille & Bowtie

Master Mechanic

ive had mine for about a year now and love em.i think i ordered mine from streetbeatcustoms.com
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec