GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Driving lights.....

Put the bull bar on today....it needs lights.

2 driving lights......

What is the best value out there right now?

What is the range in price, quality? What to look for? Have never shopped for these things.....

2008 Suburban 1500 LT with all the goodies.
    2009 2500 Crew Cab DMax LT Stock under the hood.....Nerf bars, cap and liner, de-badged, Husky Liners, CB, JVC woofer, bull bar. Roof lights

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Yes more lights please!!!!!!

Here is what I have found from my experiences with lighting:

KC lights- Cheap chrome plating lasts maybe 2 years, horrible wiring harness if you can even call it that. Under rated relays and fuses for what's supplied, also cheap looking switches leave much to be desired. Great price ($100-$400 per pair of lights), this varies greatly with choice of finish and diameter. These are by far the best performance lights on the market without breaking the bank, at 100-130 watts each they out shine the competition by far.

PIAA lights- Beautiful when on or off, excellent powdercoated exterior for long life. A real pre-terminated wiring harness, which is super easy and clean to setup in your truck. The switches are hard to conceal because of there shape, but they have a nice LED indicator light letting you know if there on or off. Intermediate pricing at around $300 per set of lights, depending again on diameter and finish. (chrome or black or titanium) PIAA is more of a show light versus performance wise, but all around great quality product.

Since you are putting them on the lower part of the bull bar, I would suggest a yellow driving beam to cut through fog, rain or snow. I was amazed with my last truck how much those really helped in inclement weather, the lights themselves have a clear lense and the bulb itself produces the yellow light. Good luck with whatever you choose, I am sure that you will love the additional light on the front of your truck.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap