GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 Last Post byLast Post by

Default This mod will NOT turn on the compass and outside temp function Nobody knows how to

I have not found anybody that can tell me how to activate the compass and outside temp functions for these trucks.

I have a 2010 gmc....I push the TOP button and it cycles through several separate pieces of information. The compass and temp gauge is located with the odometer.

If I push the botton again then the trip odometer A comes up, if I press it again then the trip odometer B comes up. Then a timer, and a few othe rpieces of info for each press of the top button. So press the top button to cycle through and see if the odometer and compass/temp come up. Either that or check your manual. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by buffalotraders79 View Post
    I have not found anybody that can tell me how to activate the compass and outside temp functions for these trucks.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buffalotraders79 View Post
    For mine, these items are located in my rearview mirror and are not a function stemming from the DIC. What type/year of vehicle do you have?

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I think that these two pieces may or may not be part of the vehcile PCM, so they're not directly related to the DIC. It's like trailer gain, that's part of the DIC if you have a factory trailering package, but if you don't ... then it's not part of the DIC.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I'm asking some guys at the Chevy Dealer to see what they say and what it takes to make certain you have the compass and temp.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Default still avail?

are these panels still avail. to buy? I'm in toronto, ontario as well.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

You'll need a Comp/Temp mirror (has the compass circuitry built in), a temperature sensor to add behind your grille, and some additional wiring from the sensor up to the mirror.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

people still love this modification. There have to be hundreds of thousands of people that want this.

How much is the DIC panel now? still the $68 I seen on the first page?

no, that was a couple of years ago so I think it's like $76 or something. Either way, go to your local dealer and they'll tell you that it's not going to work (but it will!) and if they do sell it to you, maybe $125-140.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

$74.99 plus shipping (free Dallas pickup)

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/GMT900-Dr...on-Center.html

I never saw this before but I'm shocked at how easy it is to do. I was going to pull the trigger but then I read about how accurate it was and a lot of disappointed in it's accuracy. What has been your guys experience with the accuracy of the DIC?