GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Afalconsvick View Post
    I never saw this before but I'm shocked at how easy it is to do. I was going to pull the trigger but then I read about how accurate it was and a lot of disappointed in it's accuracy. What has been your guys experience with the accuracy of the DIC?
    I'm not sure what problems there are with accuracy. I'd say it's right on the money with tire pressure and ambient temperature. It tracks transmission temp very closely with load (up when it should, down when it should). I like having the average MPG readout, but I don't get the "instant MPG". I think it's a bad idea to watch your dashboard readout for instant changes! Eyes on the road!

I'm very happy with my DIC upgrade. I'd say it's money well spent. Now, those tires that cut my mileage by nearly 3 mpg? That's another story!
    Kevin Singleton '09 Z71 - PA ZRT - kevindsingleton.com

Quote Originally Posted by Afalconsvick View Post
    I never saw this before but I'm shocked at how easy it is to do. I was going to pull the trigger but then I read about how accurate it was and a lot of disappointed in it's accuracy. What has been your guys experience with the accuracy of the DIC?
    It's 100% accurate. What most people forget is that when you're in idle ... you're burning gas. So if you have 10 gallons of gas, then you drive 100 miles and then sit in a parking lot without moving and let the truck running until all the gas is burned ... you're going to show 10 miles per gallon (or less).

Plus it lets you do all the stuff like change your approach lighting and all that too.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

okay, whats the deal with this? is this product still available there? I've tried finding it on the site to no avail and the links arent working either

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    okay, whats the deal with this? is this product still available there? I've tried finding it on the site to no avail and the links arent working either
    Give them a call, I talked to the parts director out there and they lost one of the key guys for truck sales, but they're training someone new to replace him.

Thanks man. I'm very impatient when im bored on location and wanting to buy something.. ebay'd it lol. 79.99 no shipping

How do I get just the switch? I dont see it on the website. Only saw the switch and panel combo.

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    How do I get just the switch? I dont see it on the website. Only saw the switch and panel combo.
    GM Part number 15947841 is just the switch only GMPARTDIRECT sells it for $17.03 or your local dealewr should be able to get it.

my 11 has the DIC. the 05 had the old style DIC. they both work/ed fine. the 05 didnt have the tire pressure, tranny temp, or the instant MPG. they both had added info for the driver, and did the job.

im glad I have it on the 11. more crap to go wrong? yes? but I still think its worth it.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    GM Part number 15947841 is just the switch only GMPARTDIRECT sells it for $17.03 or your local dealewr should be able to get it.
    I have ordered from GMPARTDIRECT twice. I will never do it again. The customer service is terrible! They don't protect things well when they ship them. Good luck getting service within a week If you have something damaged during shipping

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    If I order the switch only, will it have the mounting bracket attached on it so all I have to do is mark and dremel a rectangle hole ? Please advise.