GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Hi this is great news. Will my LS Crew now have the compass and outside temperature feature??

Found a link with detailed instructions if there needed.
    http://gmt900.wrath.org/dic.htm

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

We are getting another order in later this month, but for now we just have a few left, so order today if you want one.

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/GMT900-Dr...on-Center.html
    Visit www.gmpartsclub.com for all your Chevy Parts needs. These are factory OEM GM Parts with full GM warranty (unless otherwise stated).

Parts For: Buick / Cadillac / Chevrolet / GMC / Hummer / Oldsmobile / Pontiac / Saturn

877-347-6220 (New Expanded Hours)
    Monday to Friday - 7 AM to 6 PM Central
    Saturday - 8 AM to 2 PM Central

I received mine, today, and installed it, a few minutes ago. It does take longer than suggested (94 seconds!), but I was being extra careful.

There are only two wire bundles in my '09 Silverado; one for the light switch, and one for the DIC. I did need the key to pry the light switch out, but I managed to avoid hurting myself.

One complaint, though: the packing material (ExpandOS) tends to create some dust, and actually marred the finish on my panel. It's not horrible, but, if the plastic panel was wrapped in something, it would fare better during shipping.

All in all, a great upgrade, a great deal, and great service! And, it comes from the best (and my favorite) place in the whole wide world, the home of the Cowboys NFL football club, Dallas, Texas!

Thanks!
    Kevin Singleton '09 Z71 - PA ZRT - kevindsingleton.com

very nice. i just don't understand why it doesn't just come with it from factory if you just need to activate it........... still don't get it. it would be a HUGE selling point even on a WT. when i got my LT i thought it would come with it but didn't, but factory sells it as an option in Canada for like $700 in a package. but buying the truck and spending $79.99 is a great deal. thanks. real nice find!

Does anyone know if this adds the outside temp to the vehicles inside display like on some Silverado's?
    [/SIGPIC]07 Silverado LS factory 20's, spray in bedliner, in-bed cargo managment system, matching tint on front windows, K&N CAI, and Hypertech Max Engery Tuner and yet even more mods to come.

what all does this do does it tell gas mileage
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT QCSB HEMI 2WD MANGO TANGO
    DiabloSport U7137_Sport Grille_Color Matched Quad Headlites w/4 mini H1 bixenon projectors
    General Lee Horn_Flowmaster_Shorty Antenna_Debadged_20%tint_B Pillar Blackout Removed

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckTrucker View Post
    On my '09 Z71 LT, it added "instant fuel economy", which shows the current mileage. This can be misleading, because, when coasting downhill at ~65 mph, it shows 99 mpg! It also added average fuel economy, which I suppose is an aggregate average of overall mpg. My '05 Dakota allowed me to reset this statistic, which lets you compare fuel economy from one tank to another, or under different conditions, over the course of a tank, or several tanks. Anyone know how to reset the average economy? The DIC also gives you "miles to empty", but I'm not sure how accurate it is. It starts complaining about "low fuel" when it's still showing ~50 miles to empty, but I haven't tested to see how far it will really go!

The DIC also added current tire pressure readings, which is mostly what I wanted it to do. It added an interface to change some functions, such as the length of time the lights stay on after locking the doors (0, 1 minute, or 2 minutes, I believe), the conditions under which the doors will unlock after turning off the engine (when shifted to "Park", when key is turned off, or when key is removed from ignition, I think), whether or not the horn will beep when you lock the doors with the remote, and how the door locks respond to the remote keyless entry (whether one, or both, doors unlock).

I'm pretty sure I already had temperature readings and the compass before adding the DIC, so I can't say whether these functions will be added by the switch.
    Last edited by kevindsingleton; 12-07-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckTrucker View Post
    check out post #50 on page 5 for the added features on a WT work truck.
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.

got mine today for my 07 1500 LT 5.3 L. lots more options with the DIC and i think it was well worth the money. its cool to see how it changes to V4 mode when you set the cruise. but then you keep pressing the button and you see that you get only an average of 16 mpg. i ordered it from www.gmpartsclub.com with no problem and shipping was fast.

2007 Silverado Crew Cab
    5.3 L Vortec V8
    LT1 Package
    Driver Information Center (from gmpartsclub.com)
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6000k HID DDMTuning Kit
    LED tailgate bar 3rd brake light
    LED lights for foot wells
    LED Side Bars
    LED Headlight Accents
    Husky Mud Guards

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast