GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being 16 sucks.

Default enjoy 16 no matter what you drive!

16 becomes 46 before you know it, so enjoy every mile! work hard and drive easy (safely and enjoyably) and whatever ride comes your way, make it your own.
    Darrell-Georgia
    1999 Chevy Suburban LS C1500, 2wd, 5.7-liter 8-cylinder Vortec, 175,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by pewterburb View Post
    16 becomes 46 before you know it, so enjoy every mile! work hard and drive easy (safely and enjoyably) and whatever ride comes your way, make it your own.
    X2 on that, don't wish your life away, good things do happen to good people, just be patient!
    Adam

Being right on the other side of 21, I am already realizing that being young(er) were some of the best years of my life. I miss not having a job or responsibilities. But, I now have a large amount of expenses that I must keep up with... Corey Smith made a song called "Twenty-One" that pretty accurately asses the situation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI6cKC-g5RQ"]YouTube - Corey Smith performs 'Twenty-one' live[/ame]

And here's another one for when you graduate from high school and college. Since it's relatively new and wasn't around during high school, I listened to the song going to and from my graduation...another accurate assessment:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ikSa3h3e8"]YouTube - I'm Not Gonna Cry - Corey Smith[/ame]

Enjoy youth, being old sucks.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I agree with Crawdaddy, I moved out of my parents house to go to school, and man, I sure wish mommy and daddy were paying some more bills.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

I feel your pain brotha, 16 was tough because I always wanted something bigger and better but the wait was well worth it.

I far as not being able to get rid of your truck for sentimental reasons I still have my 90 grand prix that I got when I was 14 because I know that its in GREAT shape with low miles, I put my blood sweat and tears into it and won't be able to get anything worth while out of it. Plus I know then 5,10,20 years down the road I'll wish I still had my first car.

I know the wait will be hard but just think of it this way. If you save up and get something now, 5 years down the road when you're in college it will be old, and you'll be broke all over again. I'm glad that I didn't get my new truck when I was 16 because now that I'm 22 I have twice as many friends and there are twice as many girls to show it off for.

I hate this saying but it's true... Patients is a virtue!

S.BELFORD

2009 Silverado LT1: All Star Edition
    5.3 Liter V8 4x4

Factory:
    Locking Rear Differential
    3.73 Rear Axle
    Fog Lamps
    Factory Remote Start
    Locking Tailgate
    20" Wheels

Aftermarket:
    Rear Wheel House Liners