GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Web Chat with Ed Wellburn - VP of GM

Anyone have any questions to ask of Ed Wellburn? I'm on live in a webchat with him.

Edward T. Welburn is General Motors' current Vice President of Global Design. To date, he holds the highest-ranking position as an African American in the automotive industry. He has overseen the development of recent excellent GM products, such as the upcoming 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Malibu, Cadillac CTS, and Buick Enclave. Recent concepts overseen by Welburn include the Camaro Coupe and Camaro Convertible Concept, Cadillac CTS Coupe, and the Buick Invicta.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote from Ed Wellburn today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wellburn
    There will be a wide-spread application of hybrids throughout the GM lineup - crossovers to full-size SUVs and cars as well.

Ed Wellburn likes the Buick Rivera too. He's big on coupes it seems. Nothing is approved as of yet.

The first is that I feel that the proportions of your current lineup of full size trucks are a little off. The massive wheel wells, small wheels, and bulky, square appearance of the body gives the trucks a off-kilter appearance. Secondly, are there any plans for a real competitor to the Tacoma? I kind of feel that the Colorado is not a great competitor with it.
    Ed Welburn just said that they HAVE looked at doing a new mid-size truck, but the trick is making it cheap enough to compete with the pricing on the Silverado, as people would buy a Silvy if the price were getting close to the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Ed Welburn just said that they HAVE looked at doing a new mid-size truck, but the trick is making it cheap enough to compete with the pricing on the Silverado, as people would buy a Silvy if the price were getting close to the same.

I asked a follow-up question on this, but they didn't get to it.