GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Towing with 07 Tahoe

We are considering a 29ft. travel trailer. The actual unloaded trailer weight with installed options is 5330lbs. Hitch weight is 736. I do not know the axle weights but it is a 2-axle trailer.

Our Tahoe is a 2007 LTZ - 4x4 with the HD tow package - coolers, auto airbag levelers, 3.73 rear axle, 5.4L v8. According to GM, our trailer tow rating is 6700lbs, because of the 4x4. GCWR is 13,000.

We have towed a boat and a popup trailer some distance before with no issues at all. Our calculations show we can do it if we don't max out the load but I would love to know if anyone else has towed similar with their Tahoe with the same ratings.

Of course, we will be using an Equalizer WD hitch and sway control along with brake control.

Default towing my traveling trailer

I will be getting a 2005 Tahoe and will be pulling a 31 footer Keystone Hornet. I do you like those apples?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1441 View Post
    Hi, this is my first message in this forum.

I am a very happy owner of a 2007 Tahoe. Since April 2007 I have been using it to pull a 31 foot Travel Trailer. Most of the 40,000 miles that I have on the truck has been done on the Interstate roads. I have seen lots of Travel Trailers being towed, but I have not seen another Tahoe pulling a Travel Trailer. So Iím wondering and would like hear back if there is anybody other than me using their Tahoe for towing a Travel Trailer.

Dave,
    Long Island, NY

Jr. Apprentice
    Dushore, PA and building my "winter home" in Alabama.

I tow a 1984 Holiday Rambler 20 footer with my 97 Yukon. GCW 11,500#. Average 9.1 mpg and have not had any problems to date.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-21 14.41.51.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	51339
    1997 GMC Yukon, 5.7, 4L60E, 115,000, Dual batteries, Jet power programmed, K&N air filter.

Self jump start capability, custom trailer wiring.

When I sold them to customers that intned to trailer. I would always tell them to deduct weight that you are loading inside as well as passengers and give yourself some buffer weight. hope this helps... Eric
    (https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8RUPa)

Figured i would put this on here.
    my friends father just got a 99 with the 454 big block!!! talk about awesome for towing, right!! XD

but heres the thing... if you are planning on doing a lot of towing, you need to upgrade all of your oils to high quality synthetics, or, change them frequently if you can get a high capacity aluminum diff cover to help cooling, even better!
    i have seen carriers destroyed from abusive head and neglected oil...

you also need to do this: but ESPECIALLY on a vehicle with an iron block and ESPECIALLY with a 454, because they engineered them to run very hot... to help pass emissions...
    you need to get a big@ss radiator, and a separate big@ss transmission cooler, even an extra fan for it would be wise... never know when you'll be stuck in stop and go traffic...

adding a leaf to the springs would also be a good idea....
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12