GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2007 tahoe installation questions

Can someone please help me. My truck threw off codes for my throttle position sensor and emission vent valve. i now have the parts but i cant find any information on how to install either part. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Throttle position sensors are connected to the throttle. Look on either side of the throttle body assembly.
    Should look something like the picture below. Don't know what you mean by "emisssion vent valve" If you are talking about the evap canister vent valve, the canister is next to the fuel tank.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by markbo View Post
    Can someone please help me. My truck threw off codes for my throttle position sensor and emission vent valve. i now have the parts but i cant find any information on how to install either part. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    What codes did your truck "throw off"? Usually when a code sets it noes not mean the part is bad. Post the codes and we will help you fix your truck instead of throwing parts at it.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Default Code p0121

One of the codes is p0121. that is for the throttle position sensor.The other one was 400 something. I have to get it read again.The guy at the auto parts store told me that the vent valve most likely has a leak an i needed to replace it. Thanks for all of you guys help by the way.
    Last edited by GMPartsClub; 09-26-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

One of the codes is p0121. that is for the throttle position sensor.The other one was 400 something. I have to get it read again.The guy at the auto parts store told me that the vent valve most likely has a leak an i needed to replace it. Thanks for all of you guys help by the way.
    Most of the big stores will print off something showing you what your codes are.
    Visit www.gmpartsclub.com for all your Chevy Parts needs. These are factory OEM GM Parts with full GM warranty (unless otherwise stated).

Parts For: Buick / Cadillac / Chevrolet / GMC / Hummer / Oldsmobile / Pontiac / Saturn

877-347-6220 (New Expanded Hours)
    Monday to Friday - 7 AM to 6 PM Central
    Saturday - 8 AM to 2 PM Central

The TPS sensor shares a ground with several other sensors. Check the ground wire to the TPS. You should see no more than .300MV. If there is more voltage than .300MV you have a bad ground. If the ground checks good look for a solid 5 Volts on the Ref wire. No more and no less than 5 Volts. If that is good then check the signal return wire for smooth return voltage with no opens or glitches. The best tool for this check is an analog volt meter. It's hard to see a glitch with a DVOM.