GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Hello forum

Default Hello forum

Hi, I am kinda new here. I researched (as well as I could) my question prior to posting. I have a 2003 Tahoe that has 80,000 miles. When I turn, either direction, and go over a bump, like backing out of my driveway and turning, there is a clunk from the front end. It sounds like it is on the driver side. I have taken it to my Chevy dealership 3 times and every time, the mechanic (suspension expert) says nothing is loose or not any worn bushings. Anyone else have this problem.

Thanks

Hello.

Any problems when driving, any play in the wheel or shimmy or vibration when going down the road?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I think another question to ask is if it is 4WD or 2WD. If it's 4WD it could be a CV joint going bad.

Yeah, there are a lot of different options that it could be.

I just found this thread...my 2003 is doing the same thing. When I turn to the left I hear a pop in the front left. Mine is a 2wd. No play in the wheel or anything....tight steering. Any thoughts? Not trying t hijack this thread, the last post was in 2006.

Legend

I actually worked on a car once that had a similar problem. Turned out to be the black plastic cover that mounts inside the wheel well. Under certain conditions, bumps, or turns the plastic would stick out far enough to bind on a portion of the suspension, and then pop back into place.
    Made this horrible sounding bang from the driver's side. Trimmed the plastic cover back, and the noise went away.

If it is that, then it's going to be hard to find, since the vehicle is usually in motion when it happens, and you obviously can't run along side watching it.
    See if you can get a helper to stand near by, and watch, and listen for the noise as you drive by.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Nope...no lose plastic. It's in the suspension....I think....damn this is frustrating!!!