GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DVD display while driving

Anyone know how to bypass the lockout to display the dvd in the Nav screen while driving?

try setting your park brake to the first click that should bypass the lockout and it won't hurt your park brake.
    Bailey, KS

86 K10 Extended cab

If it's an aftermarket install they usually hook it up to the sensor that tells the vehicle is in park. You may have to ask someone at a local audio shop.
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

Legend

i wouldnt mess with the parking brake, depending on the year of vehicle and what it is, it can be very touch on setting the parking brake. If its a factroy DVD it could be pretty tough to take that safety feature out. Most likely it is embedded within the computer. As most stuff in the stereos are these days. If its aftermarket it is hooked to the parking brake or the transmission and it can be switched over.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I dont suggest that you override the safety feature of your head unit. Its that way so you will pay attention to your driving an not the dvd thats playing. Here is a link:

http://www.coastaletech.com

:slap: just be smart when using this unit.

Having a DVD playing visible to the driver is an invitation to disaster. I'd like to think nobody would be stupid/foolish enough to do such a thing and that having a vehicle capable of such a thing would incur an appropriate fine to make it too risky to do it.
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only "right wing" if you are too far to the left.

Hook it up to a toggle switch, I did this to a friend's truck so her nieces and nephews wouldn't be so bothersome while driving.. This is so that when you are driving you can quickly switch it off in an emergency, like is a copper is lurking around. But I suggest not to even play it while driving.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Sr. Apprentice

Depends on the make of your headunit. Some of them you can just ground the wires that connect to the parking break. Others are harder to bypass. I know on my alpine iva w505 it needs a whole break sequence of: foot break, parking break, release parking break, parking break again, release break. So there is a module to bypass this called the tr7. There are two different makers of this so search around. This works for Alpine and probably other headunits but find out before you order.
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT White Diamond Crew Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Having a DVD playing visible to the driver is an invitation to disaster. I'd like to think nobody would be stupid/foolish enough to do such a thing and that having a vehicle capable of such a thing would incur an appropriate fine to make it too risky to do it.
    I couldn't agree more. It's illegal for a reason.

2004 Silverado
    4.8L
    K&N Air Filter
    Single in, Dual out Flowmaster look alike, Turned down at muffler
    dropped 2" front 4" back
    Custom painted bow ties (blue front and black back)
    20" Eagle Alloy Series 026 rims
    285/50-20 Good Year Eagle GT II tires
    Limo Tint all around
    Duraliner bed liner

Well Ill answer your question....Ground the wire. It will work as if the parking break is down.
    (on most models) some have more advanced sensors, but this has worked on every head unit I've installed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast