GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default turn signal and brake fuse keep blowing

just before the turn signal blew the tac. and the speedomoter bounced. the brake light blows as soon as i step on the pedal. both problems began @ same time to my knowledge. bulbs are good. its on a 94 chevy blazer full size. ive checked all other fuses and they are all good.

ive blown out the fuse box with the air hose and all under the dash. nothing else seems to be affected.

any ideas at all will be welcome. thanks guys. J

Try this: Take the brake light bulbs out. Then try stepping on the pedal again. If the fuse blows, you've got a shorted circuit. Most likely in the stoplight switch or the turn signal switch. If the fuse doesn't blow, I'd suspect the wiring to the brake light assemblies. Not foolproof but it should point you in the right direction.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

just got back from a weekend trip ill try it tommorrow thank you so much for yopur help

well i dont have an answer. i unpluged the tail lights replaced the fuses and they did not blow. so i pluged in the drivers side and tried it again the fuses stayed good. i pluged in the passangers side and the fuses stayed good. it magicaly fixed its self. so i must have a short im guessing ill just have to find it later. ill stay tuned.

Legend

truck model would greatly help!!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

1994 full sixe blazer
    well i thought that was it. they blew again. after i disconnected the rear lights and they held i replaced one it held replaced teh other it held. drove it for a few days and it seemed like it was magicaly fixed. the other day they blew again. im at a loss. does it sound more like the panel on the lights them selves? i think that im going to dismantel the steering colum today the high beams began to go on the fritz. ill click them on and the head lights go out click a few times and the high beams come on or it goes back to low beams. and by the was my left turn signal has not shut off by its self for as long as i remembe . after i turn i have to manualy turn it off. my thought is that a little plastic piece broke off and has worn out a wire in there. does this sound plausable?

any thoughts please. i cant afford a ticket or to get it checked out professionaly. THANKS