GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tru cool cooler cold weather bypass.

Hey Guys,
    My 05 yukon xl has a 4L60E in it. I am looking at installing a tru cool 40k trans cooler because I do tow a heavy boat now and then and what the heck, why not? So, I was reading around the web and found that a lot of guys have had issues when installing the cold weather bypass that comes with the kit. They are saying that it causes a flow restriction and their trans is showing a hotter temp than it did before install. I also remember reading somewhere that my trans has a bypass that stops sending fluid out to the cooler in cold weather until it warms up. I have no idea if this is true. My question is, did anyone install the cold weather bypass and have an issue? not have an issue?. I am concerned that I install the cooler and next winter it is below zero and my trans never warms up. Suggestions? Ideas? thanks!
    Last edited by Pikey; 04-03-2014 at 09:05 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)