Results 1 to 10 of 14
10-11-2009, 03:55 PM #1
Tire Pressure Monitor System Question?!
I recently put on different factory rims and don't know how to reset the tpm system so that it will read the new pressure, does anyone know how to reset it or what to do?
2009 Silverado LT1: All Star Edition
5.3 Liter V8 4x4
Locking Rear Differential
3.73 Rear Axle
Factory Remote Start
Rear Wheel House Liners
Molded Mud Flaps
Stainless Nurf Bars
Driver Information Center
20% Tinted Windows
Low Profile Diamond Plate Tool Box
GM Bed Liner
Silver Birch Metallic Mirror Covers
Silver Birch Metallic Vent Visors
Flowmaster Super 40 (knock off)
Bed Rail Protectors
Extang Tonneau Cover
10-11-2009, 05:00 PM #2
UPDATE: I went to my AllDatadiy.com account and found this procedure. Again, it is for my '07. Make sure to check that it is the same for the '09 models. (NOTE: for some reason the sequence numbers on the left column changed to all "1". Just follow the procedure in order shown)
- Place the ignition switch in the proper position as follows:
- Using a scan tool, initiate the TPM Learn Mode. A double horn chirp will sound indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
- On vehicles equipped with keyless entry, simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until a double horn chirp sounds indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
- Press and release the driver information center (DIC) INFO button until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message appears on the DIC display. Press and hold the SET/RESET button until a double horn chirp sounds and the DIC displays a TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
- Starting with the left front tire, learn the tire pressure using one of the following methods:
- Hold the antenna of the J-46079 aimed upward against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location. Press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.
- Increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate. (Note: I decreased pressure)
- After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat step 3 for the remaining 3 sensors in the following order:
- Right front
- Right rear
- Left rear
- After the LR sensor has been learned, a double horn chirp will sound indicating all sensors have been learned.
- Turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode.
- After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tires to the recommended pressures. Refer to Vehicle Certification, Tire Placard, Anti-Theft, and Service Parts ID Label.
Last edited by MAsZ71; 10-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.Mark
2007 Black Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4 Crew Cab, 5.3L, Airaid MIT and K&N Filter,
Corsa Sport Exhaust, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Removed Front Air Dam,
N-Fab Steps, Line-X Bedliner, Truxedo LoPro QT, Carriage Works Billet Grill,
18x9 Helo 835 Machined Black Rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Time to slow down on the mods! Running out of money:neutral:
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
03-17-2010, 11:04 PM #4
they forgot to reset mine when i got a tire rotation so they were reading off... but i went to the tire shop where i know some people and they have a little machine that they walk around to each tire, hold a button, and it beeps on each tire and that lets them know that its reset.... cant tell u how otherwise...."I'll Sleep When I Die"
2009 Chevy Silverado LT1
295/70/17 Toyo MT's
2" rough country leveling kit
spray in Line-X bedliner
deep low profile took box
5% + 20% tint on door windows and rear + layer of 10% rear glass and 5% tint strip
2 12" Kicker CVT's
custom sub boxes
1000 watt hifonics sub amp
4 6.5" hifonics door speakers
4 hifonics tweeters
320 watt hifonics amp
Quad bell train horn
5 gallon air tank with 100% duty Viar compressor
galls street thunder deluxe siren/PA
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM #5
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
I Wish I never hit the re-laern button, I could've lived with the wheel positions mixed up. I've tried the inflate - deflate procedure several times and cannot get even one wheel to registra. They were all working before I hit the "Re-learn positions" button. Is there a trick that I'm missing.
05-24-2010, 09:39 PM #6
07 NBS Crew cab SLT 4x4
By Big_Ben in forum Wheels & TiresReplies: 1Last: 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM
By Jamielu in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 7Last: 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
By willbradfan in forum Wheels & TiresReplies: 13Last: 09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
By Aiblinger in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 9Last: 03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
By challutz in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 2Last: 06-12-2007, 05:22 AM