GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation 2001 Silverado Z-71 wont start

HELP!

I have a 2001 Silverado Z-71. Several years ago my headlights started flickering and I found the trouble in a broken wire on the Multi Function Switch wiring harness where it plugs to the MFS. I repaired the broken wire and it's worked great until last week. The headlights went out again so again I looked at the MFS and found that the wire I repaired plus one more next to it were burned, slightly melting the wiring harness connector. Splicing new wires didn't work so I bought and installed a new MFS which came with a new wiring harness. Still no headlights and now I have no interior lights, no under hood light, no cargo light, the key remote wont work the door locks AND the truck wont start!

I have an MT2500 scan tool (Snapon brand) that will communicate with all vehicle functions except the Body Control Module. I think that I may need to reprogram the BCM or buy a new one. I retreived one DTS code, P1626 Vehicle Theft Deterent, so the truck is in lock down (turning off the injectors).

Has anyone had this problem? My Chevy dealer is stumped (which is usual for them) and I don't want to tow my truck to them so they can keep it for a month a charge me $2000.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! I hope someone here can help you. I knew someone who had a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 that would not start, and he found in his owners manual how to reset a switch that shuts down the fuel system after a crash, but he was not in one. Something caused it to trip.So far he has not had anymore problems. (that I know of). Hope this helps. Good Luck.
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Check out this if you just want to bypass the passlock: http://www.passlock2.com/

For background info on a 99 Silverado that may give you some clues: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1220620AAZ3fj7
    Last edited by unplugged; 10-15-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: add detail
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap