GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Please someone help asap

hello im new at this and really need some help.
    i have an 03 silverado. 4.8L v8 2 wd.
    my truck was in park and i heard like a whining coming from behind the cab. then i was driving and the engine was like sputtering, like running out of gas, then on the dash it said "service brake system", then totally shut off and wont start. not even turn over. anyone out there no anything. please help. thank you so much
    Last edited by lqvision; 10-15-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lqvision View Post
    my truck was in park and i heard like a whining coming from behind the cab. then i was driving and the engine was like sputtering, like running out of gas, then on the dash it said "service brake system", then totally shut off and wont start. not even turn over. anyone out there no anything. please help. thank you so much
    You got to help us,so we can help you......What's the of the Year Truck ,2wd or 4wd.??????????

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

sorry my bad i forgot. its an 03 chevy silverado 1500 ls. 4.8 L V8. 2wd. 83k miles. auto trans.

i went to autozone and got one of those diagnos computer things and it wouldnt communicate with the computer in the truck

1st off to the site,You have mention 3 Items.I'm guessing here the whining could be the Transmision??,Truck Sputtering could be a number of items,Injector's,Fuel Filter or Fuel pump.and with the Service brake light coming on it could be the brake fluid is low,your pads need to be Replaced.I was going to mention going Auto Zone,and check what code's are coming up.I'm Sorry I'm not much help.Hopefully another member will pipe in.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 10-15-2009 at 02:21 AM.

what are the chances of all thoses thing at the same time. brake pads are good and so is the fluid. the abs light is on as well. just had the injectors checked their great. you think the whining behind the cab could be the fuel pump? the low fuel light had just come on before all this happened.

because it wont turn over you think is could be electrical, ECU, fuses, battery, ...

what are the chances of all thoses thing at the same time. brake pads are good and so is the fluid. the abs light is on as well. just had the injectors checked their great. you think the whining behind the cab could be the fuel pump? the low fuel light had just come on before all this happened.

because it wont turn over you think is could be electrical, ECU, fuses, battery, ...
    I thinking that it might be the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module...I had Whining just like you Mention on my truck,and that item is under the driver side door on the fame Rail.

would those two thing shut the vehicle off? and your not able to start it again

would those two thing shut the vehicle off? and your not able to start it again
    If the fuel pump is the Problem Ya,Your truck is not going to Start.I would try to find someone who can pull the codes from your truck.That is really the only way to find out what the problems are,Again I'm sorry I could not help you.I've got to call it a Night.Went you find the Problem let me know, Later Be Safe,Mike

ill do that. thanks a lot for your help. you too

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by