GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Welcome to the dropzone!

Hey guys I can't find the help I need anywhere else so here it goes. I have an 05 silverado single cab with 22's I am looking at getting a djm 4/6 drop soon. I don't think that it will fit i've seen this done before with 22's and small tires with a small offset. I have the exact opposite larger offset and some medium size tires well what are my options? Can the wheels be "shaved" a little to reduce the offset? Roll the fenders? Or will this drop just not work with what I have? Please help asap guys i'm gettin ready to start buying stuff here soon I don't wanna have to turn around and sell it! Thanks in advance guys!

Jr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

my recomendation is to do 3/4 drop cause with your tires you will have to off or you can rap your wheels in low pros and go 4/6 that should work no problem. you can shave the wheel wells but i believe that your wheels will rub the front fender walls when you make sharp turns. your best bet would be to 3/4 and get the ground effects put on ie side skirts..

Thanks, man that's something else i was taking into consideration hopefully I can get something worked out here pretty soon!