GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default JUST HAPPEND 10 min ago

GMC SUBURBAN K-2500, 1996 - 5.7 Vortec.

Here we go...........sitting on a parkinglot waiting for my lovley wife......engine idling nice........

all of the sudden , motor just stops running...........?! @##$%^@ i think and go check everything.

OK,,i thought its the fuelpump relay.....NO,,,,,,,pump works.......now i go and check the coil, pulled the coil wire off and cranked the engine .........NO spark !!!!!!!!

So, here is my question !!!!

If i replace the coil in the morning, will i be able to drive the truck back home ???????

Or could it be something else ??? Maybe a power source feeding the coil or so ???

I did check all the fuses aswell and they are ok .

The coil is triggered by the control module. Check for loose wires between the coil and distributor. Pull the distributor cap and look for red dust. The red dust causes arcing inside the distributor and can cause premature failure of the control module. Some parts stores can test the coil and module.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

THANKS,,,i am going to just get both and then it should work !!!!!!!!

Could also be the coil wire itself, speaking from experience. 1997 Suburban 350, just driving along and motor quit, turned out to be coil wire.
    Adam

OK........ here is the thing, changed coil,coil module,cap,rotor,distr. module....and still NO spark ???????

So i guess after i changed the hard parts,,,now i will try the simple coil wire .LOL

Lets see if thats it ?

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    OK........ here is the thing, changed coil,coil module,cap,rotor,distr. module....and still NO spark ???????

So i guess after i changed the hard parts,,,now i will try the simple coil wire .LOL

Lets see if thats it ?
    keep us updated. I've seen wires go out on the old 350s

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    keep us updated. I've seen wires go out on the old 350s

What do u mean by OLD 350,,,,,,ITS a 5.7 VORTEC !!!!!!!!! LOL

OK,,,CANT FIND IT !!!!!!! Changed everything, crank module , coil module, distributer module, rotor,cap,coil,wires. And still NO spark ????????????????

Still nothing,,,,can somebody please help me ???????

This is a mistery X100 , never ever had something like this. Could it be the ecm ( computer ) all of the sudden ?

Scott

Just for **** s and gillggles disconnect the tach connector from the cap it might be grounding out somewhere. Also check if your getting 12 volts at the coil.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by