GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome 4.2L

Default Trailblazer engine options

That's awesome. Glad to hear it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

The car is so quiet, after having the radio on and parking the TB. I turned the radio off, got out of the TB, and went to work. I returned in the evening to find the headlights on. I hadn't taken the keys out and the TB was still running!!!! It's soooooo quiet I thought I turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jusbkool
    The car is so quiet, after having the radio on and parking the TB. I turned the radio off, got out of the TB, and went to work. I returned in the evening to find the headlights on. I hadn't taken the keys out and the TB was still running!!!! It's soooooo quiet I thought I turned it off.
    You're lucky its still there when you got back. :mrgreen:

That's not hard to believe. I often go out to start the car up to cool it off (don't want to put my boy in a 150 degree vehicle). When we got the boy ready and were ready to leave, my wife has yelled at me before becuase I didn't start the Trailblazer to cool it off.

She didn't hear it running, but it was nice and cool inside.

I agree with all you--the 4.2 is simply amazing. The experts agree too: for the 4th year in a row this engine has been voted as one of Ward's 10 Best Engines, and this is out of all mfgs. http://www.autoworld.com/apps/news/F...id=4322&frame=

Just today while my Envoy was idling in a parking lot I was thinking about how quietly it runs. A gentle breeze probably makes more noise! Plenty of power and good MPG too. Used to drive a '93 S10 Blazer before my '02 Envoy and was happy to see a lot of the trouble spots with the old S10 4.3 have been eliminated on the 4.2 (spark plug wires, EGR valve). I also read an article where the engineers kept some 4.2 engines running on a dyno well past the 150K durability test...they were still running strong at 300K when the mgmt asked they be shut down because the dynos were needed.

Yeah, this vortec technology is really pretty amazing. The new Colorado pickup's engine is based on the same design conecpt. They offer in inline 5 that can either gear up and provide the power of an inline 6 or the fuel eff. of a 4-cyl. Pretty cool.

Not so sound dumb but what exactly is a starter kill switch sounds pretty self explanatory? Also everyone seems to be talking about the 4.2IL V6 what about the V8 I would sure hate to pay more for something thatís not as good as the V6.

Not to sound dumb but what exactly is a starter kill switch seems to sound pretty self explanatory? Also everyone seems to be talking highly about the 4.2IL V6 what about the V8 I would sure hate to pay more for something thatís not as good as the V6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12