GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Bilstein 5100 Level Shocks

Anyone have an 08 or 09 Silverado 4x4 and installed the Bilstein 5100 series leveling coilovers on the front end? Curious to know how they perform compared to the stock suspension. My 08 4x4 has the x60 suspension with the 20's. It has quite a bit of rake going on. I can get these bilsteins for roughly $90 a piece and get up to 1.7 inchs of lift in the front. Should be plenty. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

here is a link : http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/d...Shks_flyer.pdf

Yea I am interested in these as well, especially the ride and how difficult they are to install.

x2

seems like less wear than a 2" leveling block kit, for not that much more $$.

curious if you can install yourself or if you need the shop. if the show, much much for the install?

you need to talk to BigBomber. he has these installed on his 2009 1500
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Quote Originally Posted by KWG08VMI View Post
    you need to talk to BigBomber. he has these installed on his 2009 1500
    X2....Bigbomber's truck looks awesome with the bilstein shocks and I believe he put blocks in the rear too.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend
    Blog Entries

X3 on that, Bigbomber likes his & has only good things to say about them. He also said the ride is a "little" more firm, but not harsh.

HD2D & MJS... If you have mechanical ability & a spring compressor you could do these yourself, but the key word is "ability" as this is about a #6 job. If you've ever r&i coils off of McPherson struts, or pulled coils out of a double "A" arm suspension, then you could do these IF you have the c.s. compressor.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

got it -- job for the shop. Thanks!

X4 on Bigbomber. He has had some pretty great experiences with them. If he doesn't chime in here (which I'm sure he will), send him a private message and I'm sure he'll be glad to set you straight!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Anyone have an 08 or 09 Silverado 4x4 and installed the Bilstein 5100 series leveling coilovers on the front end? Curious to know how they perform compared to the stock suspension. My 08 4x4 has the x60 suspension with the 20's. It has quite a bit of rake going on. I can get these bilsteins for roughly $90 a piece and get up to 1.7 inchs of lift in the front. Should be plenty. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

here is a link : http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/d...Shks_flyer.pdf
    The stock shocks do not come close.The ride is a bit firmer but once i get 285s on her compared to the 245s i'm running ,the ride comfort should be the same as what the stock shocks had to offer.The shocks now take the brunt of the potholes and bumps instead of the springs(which is what was happening when the stock shocks were on).I got 2" of lift in the front.I also added a 2" Readylift block kit in the back to replace the 1" stock block.The rear of my truck is now about 1" higher in the back,which gives my truck a very subtle rake.I also put the matching 5100 Bilsteins on in the rear which their rep recommended and i am definitley not sorry i did.Check out my pics in my album,i believe i still have a pic of all 4 shocks and the hardware that they send.All i can say is that you will absolutely love these and it is ,in my opinion superior in every way to the spacers that people purchase to level their front ends.Any more ?s feel free to send me a private message and i will do my best to answer them.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"