GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1st truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chango View Post
    I just moved from the city to the country. I now have concerns about the winter. So this is my excuse to get a 4 wd. I was looking at a SUV becuase I have a large family. So I had to put my truck wishes on hold at least for the moment.

Well I had to barrow a friends truck!!! ( 2001 Silverado LS 2500HD ext cab short bed with the 6L) Needless to say I feel in love with this truck!!!! It has much more room and better miliage then I thought. My friend is selling this truck!! So now I'm concidering getting it!!

At this point I was just wondering what are the pros and cons about this truck?? My freind has always told me how he was impressed with it's towning. I will be doing quite a few jobs that will require towing and heavy loads. So I was wondering how this truck stacks up to like the Ford and the Ram! Is this a good year and model?? Thanks for the info in advance!
    Forget about Dodge. The only Ford thats a better tower would be their diesel(And I'm a Ford guy, love my Ranger )
    1999 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 2.5 4 cyl 130,xxx miles
    2003 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 HUGE V8 195, xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Chango View Post
    I just moved from the city to the country.

Lucky.

I grew up in the country and now am stuck in the city. They are great trucks, but suburbans are nice for the family. either way cant go wrong
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

welcome to the site!

You said you have a large family. The best choice I've made was getting a crew cab for my kids instead of extended. And the HD is great, but is this a vehicle you really need for heavy towing, hauling? Or do you really just need and 1500 light duty with better mileage? Just make sure it fits your lifestyle. Good LucK!

Man the deal feel threw and a few unforseen expenses have come up! So It will be a while before I'm back in the market for a truck.but that won't stop me from looking. Anyways Thanks for the input!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12