GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 143 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1618

Currently ranging 3.91 - 4.05 here near Buffalo, NY

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    No regulations to curtail oil barrons greed. They know they have us and are unrestrained to gouging rules that are supposed to be in place.

Prices jumping 6 cents a day everyday is insane and just plain GREED. Thanks Obama for the Change. Oh wait I don't have any change .
    Not letting us tap more of our own oil reserves does nothing to lower prices. This does nothing to lower our dependence on foreign oil. The resident is aiding them by not letting us drill for more. But one of his appointed flying monkeys is on the record of saying they're fine with the price and hope it drives more people into the green cars we don't want.

I also heard someone in the industry say they could drop the price by about a dollar if the resident would just sign a waiver to get rid of the EPA regulations which require the refineries to make several different blends of fuel for various regions of the country. The added blends they're required to make drives up the price.
    Have You Smoked A Hemi Lately? Why, Yes I Have!
    2008 Sierra RC/SB, Iron Block 5.3L(LMG)
    , 3.42, Locking Diff, HD Cooling, HD Suspension, Towing Package.
    Raptor Stainless Steel Step Bars, Folding Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport Predator

Quote Originally Posted by Asphalt Animal View Post
    Currently ranging 3.91 - 4.05 here near Buffalo, NY

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Not letting us tap more of our own oil reserves does nothing to lower prices. This does nothing to lower our dependence on foreign oil. The resident is aiding them by not letting us drill for more. But one of his appointed flying monkeys is on the record of saying they're fine with the price and hope it drives more people into the green cars we don't want.

I also heard someone in the industry say they could drop the price by about a dollar if the resident would just sign a waiver to get rid of the EPA regulations which require the refineries to make several different blends of fuel for various regions of the country. The added blends they're required to make drives up the price.
    Blends are not that expensive and in fact when using alcohol the cost falls dramatically.
    Blending fuels are nothing more than a switch. My father spent 40+ years with Chevron and was responsible for mixing fuels at the loading rack.
    They can use all the excuses in the world but it comes down to greed. All major oil companies are making record profits never before seen. But they can't reduce the cost of end users? Yeah and I have Ocen front property for sale here in Utah.

Drilling will help. But at this time there are thousands of producing wells that have been capped , waiting for OPEC to drive up costs. Why do we have to pay opec prices when we have enough oil here to sustain our growth? Answer. Greed by politicians and oil barons.
    1. Venezuela — $0.18 per gallon

2. Saudi Arabia- $0.48 per gallon
    3. Libya — $0.54 per gallon
    4. Turkmenistan — $0.72 per gallon
    5. Bahrain- $0.78 per gallon
    6. Kuwait — $0.84 per gallon
    Above are current cost at the pump for gasoline in gallons.
    Look at number 6. The country we protected and cost us billions and we never got any retribution, but they are gouging us on oil.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Someone in drilling told be years ago -- don't know how true it is -- but they were forced by the govt to limit the cost they could charge from oil from a well at a certain level based on the cost of oil when they first tapped the well. They said that was why you'd see a bunch of capped wells, with new ones right next to them. Like to know if that's true....
    Yes, there's a lot of hands in the till driving prices up, but I'll bet the government is racking in more in taxes from fuel than the oil companies are making per gallon.
    Have You Smoked A Hemi Lately? Why, Yes I Have!
    2008 Sierra RC/SB, Iron Block 5.3L(LMG)
    , 3.42, Locking Diff, HD Cooling, HD Suspension, Towing Package.
    Raptor Stainless Steel Step Bars, Folding Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport Predator

I also have heard that but never really questioned dad about that particular issue. May be interesting to see if that still holds true.
    Meanwhile we got snow. Another 3" last night and the pump price climbed another 4 cents
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Jr. Mechanic

For the moment and I mean moment, here in Hastings, Michigan it's at 3.97/gal. Was 3.99 over the weekend but has retreated 2 cents which always means a 15 to 20 cent hike will be coming in a day or two. When will the bubble burst and the rich start jumping from buildings. Wanna be there.......
    2001 Tahoe LT W/98K

Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    For the moment and I mean moment, here in Hastings, Michigan it's at 3.97/gal. Was 3.99 over the weekend but has retreated 2 cents which always means a 15 to 20 cent hike will be coming in a day or two. When will the bubble burst and the rich start jumping from buildings. Wanna be there.......
    Hey Garys,

My dad said it hit 4.00 in Muskegon, Michigan, here in Hampton Roads Virginia it is still only 3.60 lol

In lake orion, MI, we just hit $4.05. I drove a few miles to another city and found the cash price to be $3.61! I hit the ATM and filled the Yukon XL up. The news said to expect prices of $4.50-$5.00 this summer. I am glad that I topped the boat off before I put it in storage, glad it is a 4 cylinder and uses a tank every 2 weeks. At 12mpg while towing the boat we will not be going far this year, luckily the lake is 4 miles away.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Paid 44.09 at shell this morning for 93 up here in NH... choke me please.... with the looks of gas prices coming this summer i guess ill be putting another v6 in the camaro just to commute... good lord...

2000 Silverado LT Ext Cab SB 4.8l 2WD
    -4" Body Lift-33" Definity Dakota A/T tires-Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust dumped straight down after muffler-

It's $3.49 in the Tulsa area...I went back home on Saturday and the price was $3.61...and Coach, you're right. We're actually exporting record amounts of gasoline and diesel right now too. Unfortunately, all the people in power want to do is tax the oil companies more, and cause prices to increase until we are forced to find other alternatives for fuel.

I feel like we'll be living in a Mad Max kinda world soon.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's $3.49 in the Tulsa area...I went back home on Saturday and the price was $3.61...and Coach, you're right. We're actually exporting record amounts of gasoline and diesel right now too. Unfortunately, all the people in power want to do is tax the oil companies more, and cause prices to increase until we are forced to find other alternatives for fuel.

I feel like we'll be living in a Mad Max kinda world soon.

The last of the v8's! lmao movies hilarious

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps