GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Nice looking trucks! I am looking at a black one in San Antonio right now. I just wish they came with the 3:73 vs 4:10 gears. It would make a lot more sense to me and be better on mpg.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Default V8 Colorado

Did you notice that it looks like it should have had an engine cover? That was the first thing that I noticed when I looked under the hood. The Avalanche that I had had a plastic cover in this same area. I guess that there was just not enough room for it.
    You know what that means, we will need an aftermarket 6" cowl hood and what the heck, if we are going to go that much trouble, we might as well throw a blower on top as well !

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by s10tower View Post
    hey just was wondering about what your rpm range when your driving around highways speed specail when your rear end is so tall of a gear?? my truck runs with 3.42 gears 1600 rpm for 70 mph
    With 4.10 gears, I turn 2100 rpm at 70 mph

Quote Originally Posted by eastex View Post
    With 4.10 gears, I turn 2100 rpm at 70 mph
    thanks still debating on going with a full size or the colorado, just the joy of doing alot of highway driving, and some towing.

Great pics those trucks look great! I'd really like to take one out for a spin!!!

S.BELFORD

2009 Silverado LT1: All Star Edition
    5.3 Liter V8 4x4

Factory:
    Locking Rear Differential
    3.73 Rear Axle
    Fog Lamps
    Factory Remote Start
    Locking Tailgate
    20" Wheels

Aftermarket:
    Rear Wheel House Liners
    Molded Mud Flaps
    Stainless Nurf Bars
    Driver Information Center
    20% Tinted Windows
    Low Profile Diamond Plate Tool Box
    GM Bed Liner
    Silver Birch Metallic Mirror Covers
    Silver Birch Metallic Vent Visors
    Flowmaster Super 40 (knock off)
    20" Wheels
    Bed Rail Protectors
    Extang Tonneau Cover

I did finally get my new V8 C/C. It is black and dirty right now. I have had it for it for about 2 months now and really like it. I am averaging about 18mpg, overall. The best was 19mpg on a mostly road trip.

Let's breathe life back into this thread!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Default I Am now out of the club.

Well, sorry to say, i no longer own the 2010 5.3 Colorado. It was a great truck, just could not make it into all that I wanted it to be. I was a little disappointed when I bought it that I could not get many of the options that are available on a full size but thought that it would be okay. I found myself adding adding a radio with built in gps and looking for a remote start solution among other things and finally decided it would be simpler to just buy a truck that had everything I wanted. I will say the V8 Colorado held its value very well. Local dealer made me a deal I could not refuse on a really loaded Silverado Crew Cab Z71 and that coupled with the GM Card $2000. was more than I could resist. Some days I miss the distinction of having a vehicle that was rather rare on the road, but the Colorado can't compare with the comfort and convenience of the Silverado. As I said earlier, it was a great truck, it just couldn't provide all the creature comforts a 60 year old fart wants.

Anyone out there still own one of these? my good friend (also a tech at a local gm dealer) has got one of these 5.3 colorados, but a 2wd model.. pretty much murdered out. its not a black, but a dark granite metallic color? Also.. one of the first things we did was line his colorado up against my silverado and upon blowing his doors off... we've dug a little bit deeper into the whole smaller truck/same motor but got smoked situation.

He tore into the ECU and found that basically, GM changed the tuning on the truck to keep them from being devilishly fast. Also, we've come to the conclusion that the trucks are basically holding in their farts. lol... the exhaust was in desperate need of being opened up.

If anyone is interested, ill try and get him to join the forum and post some pics of his awesome-looking colorado. (which is actually currently wrecked by an SUV driving uninsured lady running a light) but nontheless.. still a nice lil pickup.

And for those who are thinking about switching from a full size... I personally dont recommend it.. i felt claustrophobic and would get annoyed with the smaller bed eventually.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I've still got mine and still really like it. I needed the smaller (lighter) truck to tow behind my moitor home. I would enjoy the room of a Silverado, but when you get 6mpg every pound counts!