GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    I've still got mine and still really like it. I needed the smaller (lighter) truck to tow behind my moitor home. I would enjoy the room of a Silverado, but when you get 6mpg every pound counts!
    haha, i can completely understand where you're coming from then!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Default No De-tuning on Mine

I don't know about your friends Colorado, but my 2009 4WD, 4 door, Z71 with the 5.3 runs just fine. In the 1/8th mile, I have never lost to a stock full size Chevy, Ford, or Dodge truck and yes the ones with Hemi's too. The only thing that I have done to mine is drop the "Y" pipe and replace it with a dual inlet, dual outlet series 60 Flowmaster muffler and run Mobile 1 oil and filter in it. If you are ever in Fort Worth and see a black one with plates that say V8COLO, line yours up at a stop light and we will see what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Anyone out there still own one of these? my good friend (also a tech at a local gm dealer) has got one of these 5.3 colorados, but a 2wd model.. pretty much murdered out. its not a black, but a dark granite metallic color? Also.. one of the first things we did was line his colorado up against my silverado and upon blowing his doors off... we've dug a little bit deeper into the whole smaller truck/same motor but got smoked situation.

He tore into the ECU and found that basically, GM changed the tuning on the truck to keep them from being devilishly fast. Also, we've come to the conclusion that the trucks are basically holding in their farts. lol... the exhaust was in desperate need of being opened up.

If anyone is interested, ill try and get him to join the forum and post some pics of his awesome-looking colorado. (which is actually currently wrecked by an SUV driving uninsured lady running a light) but nontheless.. still a nice lil pickup.

And for those who are thinking about switching from a full size... I personally dont recommend it.. i felt claustrophobic and would get annoyed with the smaller bed eventually.

I saw a V8 Colorado at the local dealer. That thing is SICK. Id love to take it for a spin!!!
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Blog Entries

The part with the 350Z definitely overtakes the gas mileage problem.

if i could find one, id like for a v8 colorado as well.

anyone have a good idea what the tow rating for one is? i know the 5 cylinder version is about 4000 lbs.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

The tow rateing on mine is 6000#. It is the 4:10 gears along with the +V8 .

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Blog Entries

Before getting my Silverado, I looked at both a V8 Colorado and a V8 Dakota. Honestly, if I could have gotten a better deal on the Dakota, I probably wouldn't be a member here. I wasn't impressed with the Colorado's space, even with it being a crew cab. I guess I shouldn't say much since I have an ex cab Ranger which is even worse, but I digress ;)
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234