GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of the Silverado ZR2 concept?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome, beats the Ford Raptor hands-down.

261 76.54%
  • It's nice, but only about the same as the Ford Raptor.

62 18.18%
  • It's a dud, I'd take the Ford Raptor anyday.

18 5.28%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

not as crappy of transmissions as ford uses, thats why I now own a chevy instead of ford. I have to say the 4 speed in my silverado is way better than any transmission I had in my last 3 fords. Ford sold me Two brand new vehicles in a row with transmission problems (six speed). One V8 explorer and one expedition, both of which had the 6 speed that could never figure out what gear it wanted. The expedition even stranded me while i was pulling a trailer. So dont tell me that ford has superior trannys, because they don't. The expediton uses the same transmission that is in the new ford f150. A few buddies bought one of the new ones (lariat edition) and have been complaining about the way it shifts, all I said was told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ToNe04 View Post
    that zr2 sucks

ford raptor will it eat it.

The ZR2 looks like they copied the dodge tailgate and copied the ford front end.

it still has the weak 10 bolt.

Tranny will probably **** itself.. if they put the same ol 4l60

dont get me wrong im a chevy guy, but gm has been using crappy trannies and rearends

Win/Loss
    -Styling- ZR2 Wins
    -Power- ZR2 Wins
    -Looks- Draw, The raptor copied Chey's Wide grille however they did widen the entire truck which is something I wish Chevy would have done. Ford took chunks out of the wuarter panels around the head lights which(in my opinion) looks bad. Chevy put carbon fiber on their truck which is awesome, however a truck SHOULD be able to get knocked around and still keep kicking. The ZR2 has better looking exhaust(I imagine stock exhaust performance is about the same)
    -Tires- ZR2 Wins
    -Wheels- ZR2. Because neither have beadlocks or anything specifically "pro-offroad" ZR2 has better looking wheels
    -Chasis- raptor. I dont know how much went into designing into the ZR2's, so this goes to the raptor.
    -Suspension- raptor. Similar to chasis I dont know about the ZR2. However with all that, the front end on the raptor is saggy like a 2wd, you would have to spend additional money put a leveling kit on it

On a side note, What "built for offroad" truck comes with side steps? ford, grow a pair.

All in all they both are great trucks but if your gonna buy a truck to roll out of the show room to take it off raod, the ZR2 is where you have to put your money
    09 Silverado 5.3 LT Crewcab Z71, Rhino Line, Rough Country leveling kit
    87 samurai........:jap: haha

First of all, I want to state that I have never owned a Ford truck, but have had several GMs.

Now, I do like the way the new Fords and GMs look. And I do hate the grill on the Raptor and the ZR2.

Also, I believe the last good performance truck to come from the GM lot was the original 454SS. The last SS looked like a hasty reply to Ford's Lightning and the Dodge SRT10....it couldn't even come close to competing with either. To me it looks like GM did it again. Ford came out with a serious off-road performance truck (off road Lightning) and GM answered with another hasty reply. Yeah, the engine and trans sounds potent...but I see they took it right out of the Ford pages in the fact that you won't be able to change all the plugs; at least without pulling the engine or maybe 3 universal sockets.

I'm not real thrilled on how the ZR2 looks either. I do like the shape of the front end, but I don't like the grill...looks cartoonish....not that the Ford's is better. The rest of the bodywork looks like they slapped some stuff on to try to give it a bit of 'tude. Give the Raptor some tube bumpers and steps and it would look great!

And why are they using ZR2 for the name?? Wasn't that a lifted S-10 truck? That's what I thought they were bringing back when I saw the e-mail on it.

Don't get me wrong. If GM builds it, it will sell. And I don't think its a bad truck, if fact it looks like a good truck. I just don't think that it will be able to compete when the magazines put the two truck head to head!
    C-Ya...Skiv!

gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8046
    Here's my truck!

Default Silverado ZR2 concept car

Futuristic model! Its grill strange enough, but fantastic.

i mean seriously their wasting their time with this and the builders didnt do much research on an off road truck i mean who wants carbon fiber on an off road truck.. just another way to rip some poor kid a new ******* when he hits a tree the first time he takes it through the woods..as the 1500s have a hard time gettin around in the woods down here... should of used glass.. as for the 6.2 supercharged motor with 550 yea right maybe to the crank but guaranteed its not to the wheels they cant build a corvette with that kind of hp... the raptor wins hands down theirs nothin like some suspension travel witch sorry chevy has never had...it gonna be the bigggest waste of time, energy, and our tax dollars they should stick to wat they know.. which to me doesnt look like much at all

Default Ugly

Why are they making the front of all these trucks uglier and boxier every model? How about some low aero design for the front like the 98 models?

its not a matter of how much power you have but how much (power) will actually be transferred to the ground. and furthermore the raptor suspension design seems to have a better capability to keep the wheels planted on the ground ie better performance
    1999 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 2.5 4 cyl 130,xxx miles
    2003 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 HUGE V8 195, xxx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skivhere View Post
    First of all, I want to state that I have never owned a Ford truck, but have had several GMs.

Now, I do like the way the new Fords and GMs look. And I do hate the grill on the Raptor and the ZR2.

Also, I believe the last good performance truck to come from the GM lot was the original 454SS. The last SS looked like a hasty reply to Ford's Lightning and the Dodge SRT10....it couldn't even come close to competing with either. To me it looks like GM did it again. Ford came out with a serious off-road performance truck (off road Lightning) and GM answered with another hasty reply. Yeah, the engine and trans sounds potent...but I see they took it right out of the Ford pages in the fact that you won't be able to change all the plugs; at least without pulling the engine or maybe 3 universal sockets.

I'm not real thrilled on how the ZR2 looks either. I do like the shape of the front end, but I don't like the grill...looks cartoonish....not that the Ford's is better. The rest of the bodywork looks like they slapped some stuff on to try to give it a bit of 'tude. Give the Raptor some tube bumpers and steps and it would look great!

And why are they using ZR2 for the name?? Wasn't that a lifted S-10 truck? That's what I thought they were bringing back when I saw the e-mail on it.

Don't get me wrong. If GM builds it, it will sell. And I don't think its a bad truck, if fact it looks like a good truck. I just don't think that it will be able to compete when the magazines put the two truck head to head!

350 made more HP than a 454 ss

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Legend
    Blog Entries

I was driving in downtown Akron today, and low and behold I saw a brand new Raptor for sale in the Ford lot. It was that loud orange in the picture, and it had some wild tribal graphics on the side of it. I stopped and looked at it for a minute, and that suspension looks like it came out of 4 wheel magazine! Very impressed with it I must say, and I would honestly consider that if I wanted an off-road truck. The sticker on it was blank, so I have no idea what the price on it was but they were offering a $1,000 rebate on it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I like it.It looks pretty nice.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast