GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of the Silverado ZR2 concept?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome, beats the Ford Raptor hands-down.

261 76.54%
  • It's nice, but only about the same as the Ford Raptor.

62 18.18%
  • It's a dud, I'd take the Ford Raptor anyday.

18 5.28%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

If they build it I will BUY!!!

I agree....I need one....
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

Jr. Apprentice

Thumbs down Don't believe the hype!

i'm sure i'm going to pi$$ somebody off with this but....the "NEW" Zr2 is nothing more than good looks and some bolt-ons. the Rapture has some serious hardware and it's hardware that serves a purpose....CRAZY FAST OFF-ROADING! i am a die hard chevy fan (except for the old 'stangs!) but chevy really dropped the ball on this one. here's an idea, how about building something that we want instead of building what you want us to buy? prime example, why no duramax in the suburbans or tahoes? i'm losing faith in "GOV'T MOTORS"...
    WVU...'NUFF SAID

Quote Originally Posted by tooqik2see View Post
    i'm sure i'm going to pi$$ somebody off with this but....the "NEW" Zr2 is nothing more than good looks and some bolt-ons. the Rapture has some serious hardware and it's hardware that serves a purpose....CRAZY FAST OFF-ROADING! i am a die hard chevy fan (except for the old 'stangs!) but chevy really dropped the ball on this one. here's an idea, how about building something that we want instead of building what you want us to buy? prime example, why no duramax in the suburbans or tahoes? i'm losing faith in "GOV'T MOTORS"...
    I'm a chevy guy all the way but this thing doesn't compare to the raptor. Number 1. ford actually built it.
    number 2. they actually put their homework in on this truck's suspension. Its not just a lift kit, this truck will actually haul off road and on.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by plaquani View Post
    i mean seriously their wasting their time with this and the builders didnt do much research on an off road truck i mean who wants carbon fiber on an off road truck.. just another way to rip some poor kid a new ******* when he hits a tree the first time he takes it through the woods..as the 1500s have a hard time gettin around in the woods down here... should of used glass.. as for the 6.2 supercharged motor with 550 yea right maybe to the crank but guaranteed its not to the wheels they cant build a corvette with that kind of hp... the raptor wins hands down theirs nothin like some suspension travel witch sorry chevy has never had...it gonna be the bigggest waste of time, energy, and our tax dollars they should stick to wat they know.. which to me doesnt look like much at all

the ZR1 corvette's have 650 hp bud, and of course thats not to the wheels, nobody advertise their horsepower to the wheels. lets be real.

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
    Guaranteed that thing doesnt have 12 inches of travel in the front or 14 in the rear like the raptor it probably rides like a brick box like all the chevy trucks do... it gets the 5.4 stock with 320 hp but everybody knows its nothin to make 500 plus hp out of them.. the 6.2 with 500 hp (estimated) hell slap a supercharger on any one of the ford motors and you got somethin chevy will never have... another fact supercharged cobra 550 to the wheels while the z06 505 to the crank musle mustang has tested chevy on all their so called hp ratings and none are to the wheels its all at the crank so the zr2 i give 2 thumbs down 4 times plus 2 cause it wont do anything but suck

hahahahahahahaha, being a chevy ride like a brick box? are you kidding? I've never riden in a ford that didn't feel like a stage coach. chevy's have always had a smoother ride than ford. thats a fact. I don't understand why ford boys are coming to a chevy forum, I see you own a chevy and a ford, there's probably a reason why your big boy truck is a chevy. I'm sorry for flipping out a little, but it gets my blood boiling when people A)don't have their information correct and B) can't stick to their respective forums...i.e. ford, dodge, gm, etc........ that is all

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Jr. Apprentice

Wink seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by 383man View Post
    hahahahahahahaha, being a chevy ride like a brick box? are you kidding? I've never riden in a ford that didn't feel like a stage coach. chevy's have always had a smoother ride than ford. thats a fact. I don't understand why ford boys are coming to a chevy forum, I see you own a chevy and a ford, there's probably a reason why your big boy truck is a chevy. I'm sorry for flipping out a little, but it gets my blood boiling when people A)don't have their information correct and B) can't stick to their respective forums...i.e. ford, dodge, gm, etc........ that is all
    all i can say is WOW! i have had fords, dodges and a toyota or 2. i have to agree that NONE of them have rode as smooth as a chevy/gmc. hands down they are the best riding trucks made. that being said, i think that it's good that the other guys are checking in on our forums. tells me that they don't have anything good goin on in theirs! seriously tho, chevy really dropped the ball on this one. carbon fiber on an off-road truck? and the suspension is nothing more than a "look at me i'm so pretty" suspension...same as the carbon fiber. the raptor does have a killer suspension and REAL off-road capabilities. from what i've read, ford really did their homework on this and they built an awesome truck. chevy COULD make one better if they would listen to the people that actually USE their trucks instead of building a "sparkle & shine" ride. i am a die hard chevy guy and i wouldn't buy anything else, for what i use mine for. if i were going to buy an off-road truck tho, right now, i'd have to go with the raptor. just because that's all that's out there right now. the ZR2 is awful purty tho....
    WVU...'NUFF SAID

So, has GM decided if they are gonna build this thing yet? Picture to picture is no way to compare, I wanna see them go head to head!
    (and to the guys who said the camaro's beating the mustang, those comparos are showing it differently!!) Oops, there goes that can of worms again!!

And on the funny side, a buddy of mine just wrecked his Lightning (not the funny part, was a sweet truck) and the insurance company gave him a Chevy 1500 with the small V8...he hates it! But it is fun joking him!
    C-Ya...Skiv!

gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8046
    Here's my truck!

Like the truck, but is there more info on it somewhere? I would like to see, and read more. When would we see real one?

I dont understand all the bashing over off-the-lot "offroad" trucks, I agree that if the raptors suspension works like they say it does, that may have done the zr2 in. BUT I strongly disbelieve that all GM is going to do on a specialty truck is throw a cheap lift on. even if it does demolish the raptor power wise, but what chevy hasnt done that? even if all they did was throw a lift on. I would take it over the raptor anyday. I'm not the person to buy a truck off the lot already built for offroad, I would much rather build it myself, I know EXACTLY what was done and how it was done, I trust it much more..and its MY truck. so ford guys, keep on bashing GM dealerships,and we will keep bashing you for buying off the lot and calling it good.
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Blog Entries

Love it, wouldn't change a thing. Wish I made the $ to pay for one.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast