GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry Fabtech 7' lift kit

First let me say hello to everyone. I joined to get some much needed advice on installing a Fabtech 7' suspension lift on my 01 2WD extended silverado. I am pretty handy with tools and have a fair knowledge about what needs to happen but I am thinking about installing the kit myself in my driveway. What do you guys think?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club!

Well I know I wouldn't do it by myself, but then again if something can go wrong it will go wrong at my house. We have a 4 post car lift at our house, and I still wouldn't try it even with that added luxury. If you don't have a lift I would say hell no, but then again a guy on this site just did a lift in his barn with no lift and he did alright with a helper. It depends on your skill level.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Welcome to the forum and good luck!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Welcome to the site...hope you got all the tools that you may need. Good luck. Take some pics of the work in progress and put them in an album..
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

I would say you can do it, i would do it, but you just gotta have something that can lift the front 7 inches and gotta be able to tear apart quick and re assemble quick cuz its not as hard as 4wd but it will take a little work on the front how much you get that for anyways? i would do it in your garage if i was you but i would do it myself if i was in your position just in a garage cuz it mite take a bit unless your ready to work staight through it

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4

6.0L v8:great: 4L80E

2.5 in Daystar leveling keys

285/75/16s BFG ATs on HD wheels

Cab lights and tool box

I did my kit myself, in a tiny shop with just 20 ton floor jacks. I would say go for it if you are wanting to save money, it should be easier with yours as it's 2wd, and you don't have to line up the front differential, and drop it.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

shouldnt be too hard just have to take off the lower control arms, install the bracket then bolt them back on then prob put the blocks in the back and a few other minor details, i would say go for it just make sure you get an alignment afterwards
    2004 Silverado 1500 2wd Ext. Cab