GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need help with my lift.

Ive got a 03 Silverado 2wd. A buddy sold me a 3 in lift for it the other day for dirt cheap so i was wondering what i need to use to lift the front. One of my friends dad said i could get some coil spacers for the front but i dont know what size id need to level the truck out or if i should ever use coil spacers or not. Some people said i should use spindles but ive never done a lift before so im not really sure what to use. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by Thrasher136; 11-25-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: horrrible spelling...

Sr. Apprentice

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't cobble togethera suspension kit, lift, drop or anything else. I have seen some pretty scarey stuff out there. I have witnessed in person a drive shaft drop on the ground because of lift blocks and stock springs, and stock lenght drive shafts, when stressed, moved, and DS dropped out. If the movement was enough to pull the slip joint out, what do you think a front end geometry was doing? Suspension kit are expensive because of the engineering and components needed for safe operation.

Tom
    1996 K1500 SLE Suburban, used but paid for:great:

....so i shouldnt lift my truck? got me kinda confused man.

What the author above is saying definitely DO NOT do this unless you have everything you need. Why you'd want to lift 2X is beyond me.

I've done a few lifts before and found most of them are a pain, even in a kit for specific vehicle applications. I'd say find a buddy that has done one before help you out. Back end easy, the front you don't want to guess on, that is where your control is.

Just some pointers.