GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help my 08 silverado is shaking! Help 911

Im going to explain, please reply with suggestions, ill say this much:

v6 4.8
    YES ITS UNDER WARRANTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU THINK WHATEVER IS WRONG WILL BE COVERED IM BROKE AND NEED MY TRUCK:

Its been going on for 7 days or so, it wasnt very bad at first heres symptoms:

When i turn on the truck from cold, it hesitates and Revs after it drops below 1k rpm, itll hesitate or shake a bit, and when i put it in drive or reverse it will stutter or flutter (trying to find good adjectives and verbs sorry ) and once it warms up its almost gone

In the last 3 days, no matter weather its cold or hot as far as engine, it does it, when im in the same gear maintaing speed, all the sudden it will knock or bump like i drove over somthing for a sec and the RPM's jump for sec, its very weird,

My gas mileage is in the toilet since this happened

I just need to know if this is somthing that is covered under warranty completly if you think you know what it is,
    This truck has been maintained at dealer with all oil changes, and done regularly has 17500 miles

please let me know, ill have this on my email so i can see a response, im taking to dealer on tuesday as long as you guys think its going to be totally covered if you think ill have to pay for parts like fuel filter, or somthing ill wait, please help, thanks so much guys.
    Ben
    08 Silverado 1500 WT LS
    Reg Cab
    V6 4.3L RWD
    Bed Liner
    Cargo Management System
    Driver Info Center- Self Installed ask me how :)

Cross your fingers and hope, but it sounds like a warranty problem to me.I have to say, my work has six new Chevy pickups, ranging from 2 four door 1/2 tons up to 1-ton diesels. they are all around one year old, and we have had three transmissions on the diesels, one 4.6motor, the entire interior, and two computers replaced under warranty. Of the six trucks, only one has not been in the dealer for extensive repairs. We are careful with them, do not pull excessive weight, and are downright anal about maintenance. We even ship out the oil to be tested.Incidentally, the testing shows very high levels of copper in all three of the diesels- indicating the bearings are wearing badly. On diesels with 20,000 miles on them. I love my '95, and my wifes' '96, but I just can't recommend any of the 08 and up trucks.
    1995 chevy 2500:fighting0040:
    1996 tahoe
    1946 plymouth
    1946 ford
    1931 model a
    1975 H.D. sportster
    1986 Monte Carlo SS
    Many rusted , half finished projects- want to buy one? Cheap?? Please?!!