GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default rims new style vs. old style

Ok I need tires for my 2001 1500 suburban LT Also not a fan of the rims so I figured I would look for the newer style2004 and above... What I did end up finding was a set of takeoff 2007 avalanche z71(same as 2008 suburban z71) 18 inch with stock bridgestones wheels and tires cheap with 500 miles...Just wanted to make sure the rims do fit... they both are 6x 5.5 lug if I'm not mistaken.... Anybody ever have any issues with this?? I know it sounds simple but I need to travel a distance to get them and don't want to waste my time or money and will not have the option of test fittting them...
    thanks

I bought a set of "take offs" from a '07 GMC for my '04 and everything went great. You should have no problems. Good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Chew246214,
    I am in RI and if you like, have a set of 20"s off my 08 burb.

You should be very careful before purchasing tires as it is very important part of the vehicles....I think it will fit properly there will be no problem but if you want to be sure contact dealor
    lisathomas

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by lisathomas View Post
    You should be very careful before purchasing tires as it is very important part of the vehicles....I think it will fit properly there will be no problem but if you want to be sure contact dealor
    Dealers are useless on stuff likr this, you are better off online with a group of real world people who have done that and been there.... Dealers have their place.. believe me I have done the dealership thing for 10 years, but I was different then most... I was an enthusiast that happened to work there and built jeeps working in a dodge /chrysler/jeep dealer....all a dealer can legally tell you is if it will void your warranty or not.. They can not suggest other size tires.....