GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default FYI LED Lights for 2009 and 2010 Trucks

Just got new LED tail lights for my 09 Sierra There is no longer a flasher in the truck. It is all controled by the body computer. If you add LED tail lights to a 2009 or newer truck yo have to add 6 ohm led equalizerto each bulb so your LED light to blink at the correct rate. Heres the link for them

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well honestly that is a bunch of bullshi$! I have made up my mind that I am not buying another new truck, they have gotten too carried away with this electrical crap to where you can't even put a set of aftermarket lights on them without a hassle. I think I'll stick with my 05' Silverado seeing as how I just plugged my LED tail lights in, and they worked like a charm with no modification.

Thanks for posting this though, I kept wondering why in the hell all of these NNBS guys were having problems with there LED stuff. I will have to bookmark this now, sorry you had to find out the hard way.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    Just got new LED tail lights for my 09 Sierra There is no longer a flasher in the truck. It is all controled by the body computer. If you add LED tail lights to a 2009 or newer truck yo have to add 6 ohm led equalizerto each bulb so your LED light to blink at the correct rate. Heres the link for them

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm
    I installed LED tail lights in my 2009 2500HD Ext cab, and everything works just fine! No equalizers needed.
    I bought In Pro Car Wear LEDT-3040CR.
    Padre (Chip)
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace -- Jimi Hendrix

2009 Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab, long bed, Blue Granite

Thats because the alot of companies are now putting them in there lights. Just got an older version

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Well honestly that is a bunch of bullshi$! I have made up my mind that I am not buying another new truck, they have gotten too carried away with this electrical crap to where you can't even put a set of aftermarket lights on them without a hassle.
    That's how it is with my g/f's Caliber... If the computer senses something "pulling too much power" it shuts it down and you have to take it to a dealer to get it unlocked again... I'm trying to convincer her to trade it in on a trailblazer... LOL

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...