GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Throttle body spacer

Looking to add the K & N Air filter system to my '07 Silverado LTZ with the 6.0 liter engine. It was also recomended to me to add a throttle body spacer. As I don't know much about these, are there any brands better than the rest? or are they pretty much the same?

I've never bothered trying one. Can't see how one chunk of aluminum would be better than another. There are lots of posts about spacers. Try a keyword search, while waiting for the gang to chime in with their recommendations.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I have the airraid one but I dont think it does much on the newer trucks. It might do something on TBI or carbs. they are supposed to cause turbulance in the air to help atomize the fuel for better burning. But in the direct injected systems the air and fuel arent being mixed until its in the chamber and i dont think there is much of turbulance left at that point.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Maybe I'll just go with the K&N air intake and see what I can gain from that. Thanks for the replys.

I have the S&B intake, and it is far better then the k&N. I have owned both. The S&B will give you better gas milage, and supposedly better horsepower, but i havnt noticed much yet. If your going to get a spacer too (which i would recommend) make sure you get both from the same company. I know AirRaid, and AEM both make intakes, and spacers. I cant tell you which ones better, but if you mix and match companies they might not fit properly.
    2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3 V8
    -FlowMaster 40' series Exhaust
    -Custom black on black grill
    -20" Chevy Texas Edition Rims
    -S&B Cold Air Intake
    -HID Kit

Soon to have:
    Street Scene SS front bumper, and roll pan
    Chip/Programmer
    Throttle Spacer

TXGraphix.Com

Blog Entries

I have an Airraid spacer with an Airraid intake, and I gained no improvements, just sound. The spacer adds a whistle under load is about all. IMO, it's not even worth spending the money on the spacer.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I have a Speed & Performance Electronics TBS and I love it!!! I had a PowerAid but did not like it!! like Jimmeh said, the PowerAid does whistle bad!! but I have the K&N 57 series CAI and I love it!! those two are my two biggest mpg helpers!!

If a machined piece of aluminum could increase power or gain gas mileage, GM would be all over it as OEM.
    Don't think Meat - Throw the ball...Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    If a machined piece of aluminum could increase power or gain gas mileage, GM would be all over it as OEM.
    believe what u wish

When I put the spacer in I noticed a small increase in throttle response. A very small increase of gas pedal would kick down a gearand giddy up. However the best thing you can do is add headers and high flow exhaust. That is an immediate boost you can feel with no doubt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast