GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Indiana Members

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by marine59;347029i am wondering how many warm thier engines up prior to driving?, there has been chatter that says warm up is not needed in the newer engines? I warm mine up at least till gauge moves @ 1/4, so what say you all, ken[/B
    [COLOR="Silver"]
    The internet is full of opinions on this subject. I’m in the drive it now camp. Unless you can't take the cold, drive it easy while it warms up.

Reasoning behind this opinion... oil is key to long engine life. Oil drains to the pan when not running. Idling is not the best mode to get cold oil from pan evenly distributed in the engine… driving it lightly is better. Warms the oil up faster and pumps it harder plus all the bumps, stops, and turns aid in distribution. Within 30 seconds to one minute, the engine is ready to roll.

One other consideration that's not as important, but hey... you save on fuel too!
    Last edited by auzivision; 03-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    1992 GMC C1500 SLE

i lived most of my yoounger years in lafayette went to st. ann school on wabash ave.,moved to indy then to nashville indiana, was drafted in 69, to california, then back to indiana, now live in frankfort, we want to move back to laf. as soon as we find a place to rent, seems landlords only want to rent to purdue studanta, have a super day, ken

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

i agree on the oil is key i change mine every 3,000 3 months, until i started buying a better oil, ( lucas ) noe i go 4 and 4, execpt summer when driving more i pull a 23ft, pop up my 5cyl motor does a super job, i get 18 to 20 m.p.g. towing, and @ 22 to 23 not towing. i have a 2005 chevy colorado, have a super day

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

semper fi marine i was in the corp, 1969 to 1972, boot in m c r d cal, stationed camp pendelton, have a super day !

From southwest corner of Indianapolis in Decatur Township.

Representing Anderson, IN here
    06 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 Reg Cab
    71 Chevy Nova SS 350 SB

I wonder how many total members from indiana are on here?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

hello i live in frankfort indiana born raised in lafayette indiana, happy to see some hoosiers on here i have learned some interesting things about my colorado on this site,need to learn more in the future.. youall have a super day, maybe we could all meet one day maybe even form a local club where we could meet and help one another with truck problems ken

I am from Corydon Indiana. Just above louisville.

I live about 45 minutes NE of Indy.

Vernon

New here and live in Sheridan, IN

Matt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234